1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM formerly known as Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization, is seeking a talented and energetic individual to join the Information Technology team as a Helpdesk Engineer.
The Helpdesk Engineer is the initial point of contact to DREAM staff seeking Information Technology hardware and software support. Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution, while providing excellent customer service.
- Answer, log and close support requests; escalate support requests when necessary
- Provide level I help desk support (diagnosing, testing, and repair of hardware and software issues)
- Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
- Manage deployment of IT assets. Including laptop, laptop storage
- Act as a liaison between end-users and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communications with users during the problem resolution process
- Following up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Documenting all issues and resolutions in ticketing system.
- Performing knowledge transfer between team members for any new technology or procedures
- Training computer users in using technology resources.
- Onboarding new users, including installation and preparation of new computers and software
- Escalate issues to appropriate resources as needed
- Keep on top of current technologies
- Contribute to the maintenance of the information technology asset database and the helpdesk ticket system, including logging all service requests and other projects
- Maintain expertise in rapidly evolving technical environment as able through available mediums
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds; prolonged use of computer and repetitive hand motions
Education and/or Experience
- Associates Degree or higher in an IT or IT related field and 1 year of experience; or
- High School Diploma an IT related field and at least 3 years of experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education, technical certification and appropriate experience may be considered in a 2:1 ratio
Hours: Monday through Friday, generally 11:00am – 7:00PM or 7:00am-3pm shifts
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
Minimum Education Required