375 Centre Street
Massachusetts Jobs with Justice (www.massjwj.net) is seeking a organizer to coordinate and carry out the overall work of the organization, including coalition building, campaigns, communications and administration of our community labor coalition in Massachusetts.
The Organizer will work with Jobs with Justice staff, partners, and activists to carry out the work of our organization and participate fully in the planning and implementation of our workplan as outlined by our Steering and Executive Committee. The Organizer will work under the supervision of our Co-Directors based in our headquarters in Boston.
The Organizer’s work will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Do outreach to and build relationships with community organizations, student groups, faith-based groups, and unions, etc to build coalitions and collaborations with JWJ campaigns as well as support on their events and campaigns.
· Work with labor and community organizations to integrate JWJ work into overall building of workers' movement including connecting work of our campaigns to other organizing, bargaining and community struggles as appropriate.
· Do direct outreach to workers as well as regular one on one conversations with local leaders.
· Facilitate local unions & allies developing goals & strategy of campaigns.
· Facilitate regular coalition and campaign meetings.
· Plan and implement campaign events and actions.
· Ensure outreach to elected officials as needed.
· Ensure outreach to relevant news media to obtain earned media coverage of our campaigns and issues.
· Perform public speaking and writing to explain campaign goals.
· Maintain online communications, including email and social media.
· Execute fundraising plan in region.
· Collaborate with JwJ staff and Executive Board to develop work plans, campaign plans, and fundraising plans.
· Serve as point person in National Jobs with Justice campaigns as appropriate.
Desired qualifications for applicants:
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Demonstrated commitment to social, economic, and racial justice, and building working class power
· Familiarity with Massachusetts political and organizing landscape
· Familiarity with Massachusetts immigrant rights organizing landscape and immigrant populations and communities
· Ability to relate to the diverse membership of our coalition, from organizational decision-makers to workers and activists
· Ability to travel to meetings throughout Massachusetts
· 2 or more years of labor or community organizing experience
This is a union-represented position. Salary is based on experience and set within parameters of our collective bargaining agreement. The salary range for this position is $42,000 per year, and will be based on applicable years of related experience. Jobs with Justice provides a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation, medical, dental, retirement and professional development benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese a requirement. Women, people of color and immigrants highly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Accepting rolling applications until position is filled. Please send in a resume, a cover letter, and two professional references to email@example.com.
In your cover letter, you must address your Familiarity with Massachusetts organizing landscape and your experience in community and labor organizing, particularly your experience with immigrant rights organizing and immigrant populations and communities.