Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Technology will design and implement TI’s overall technology architecture, for internal communication, knowledge management, external communication, and fulfilment of TI’s overall strategic goals. This includes supporting and where possible harmonizing data, data security practices and technology throughout the TI movement. This encompasses an exciting digital transformation agenda, including innovative supporter relationship management and the development of a technology-enabled workforce and new workplace. The Head of Technology will lead a team to deliver current and future business needs and also ensure organisational skills and business policies and processes are in place to manage data compliance, ensure information security and mitigate risks.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: limited for 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
- Further develop the tech and info systems strategy for TI taking into consideration the movement configuration and needs as well as the highest standards in terms of data security and management
- Ensure proper identification of new technologies and trends that will keep the overall infrastructure and strategy up to date and responsive to the needs of the TI movement and lead on the implementation of new technology systems and developments
- Oversee the portfolio of technology projects; identify opportunities to foster mission-driven projects and initiatives within TI; ensure that all developed solutions are designed within acceptable parameters and are delivered to the standards specified
- Implement TI-S Policies and Procedures and take responsibility for producing and reviewing those policies concerning the use of technology; lead on the implementation of a security strategy and disaster recovery plan that minimizes the risk of disruption to business, data loss or the breach of privacy of the TI data
- Prepare key briefing papers, performance updates and reports on all technology matters with clear options to assist decision making for the Senior Management Team and the Managing Director
- Provide effective management to the IT/ICT Team
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Relevant ICT degree and/or relevant professional qualification/s or equivalent experience in the ICT sector
- 15+ years of relevant experience with at least 8 years of proven track record at a senior level leading and managing staff within an IT environment in an international setting
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of ICT strategies, policy development, and successful management and delivery of projects to deadline and within budget
- Demonstrated experience in organisational and capacity development
- Knowledge, or sound understanding, of anti-corruption work and experience managing crisis situations and responding rapidly and effectively to threats faced in that context
- Experience with server architecture and administration
- Knowledge of a wide range of software packages, networking and troubleshooting techniques (incl. Office 365, SharePoint)
- Experience of defining and setting service levels and of ensuring that service delivery is effectively monitored and managed to meet those service levels
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ICT matters to individuals with different backgrounds
- Professional language proficiency in English required; proficiency in German an advantage
- Extensive leadership skills and ability to inspire, motivate and manage the performance of the team
- Willingness to travel, if needed
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
To learn more about Transparency International, please visit our website at www.transparency.org.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the origin of the application, IDEALIST) and CV in English (in one pdf file) to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 8 July 2018.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.