Details: Hourly rates depend on experience, education
401 Marina Boulevard
Careers with a Cause
You can make a lasting impact every day by working with the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Leandro. In communities across the East Bay Area, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—are transforming lives through Boys & Girls Club programs for youth development, academic success, and good character and citizenship. When you work for the BGC, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities.
About the Job
The part-time After School Youth Development position requires one to be creative, professional and serious about providing meaningful after-school opportunities for youth. The position requires a person who is dedicated to nurturing the whole development of children. They are passionate about youth development, education and committed to promoting growth and change in underserved communities. They will be flexible, take initiative, be punctual and able to make a commitment to work throughout the entire school year, during after school hours. The time commitment runs concurrently with San Leandro and San Lorenzo Unified School District).
Location: Please note this position is for our location our 12 different school site locations
Time Commitment: Part-Time
- At Least 21 years of Age for the middle school programs, at least 18 years of age for the elementary school programs
- At Least 2 Years of college (48 units), AA degree, or a Pass on the para professional Exam
- Must have Growth Mind-set
- Must have experience working with youth (Middle School or Elementary School)
- Must be highly motivated to provide mentorship in a positive, safe environment
- Must be a Team Player and flexible wearing multiple hats
- Knowledge or expertise in youth development, education, paraprofessional, teaching
- Must be comfortable leading physical activities with groups of 15-20 youth
- Must be available daily M-F during after school program hours (1:30pm-6:00pm)
*Please note that this position requires person to be there every day for scheduled shift*
- Current CPR and 1st Aid certification*
- *We will provide training for certification!
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Ensure programs, services and activities are planned and implemented following the Boys & Girls Clubs youth development strategy
- Promoting safety of members and quality in programs at all times.
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Planning, organizing and implementing a wide range of program services and activities for members.
- Initiating new programs with the approval of the Unit Director
- Promoting and stimulating program participation.
- Registering new club members and participating in their Club orientation process.
- Manage assigned volunteers, provide on-going feedback
Minimum Education Required