Full Time Temporary
86 Kent Avenue
Trees New York is an environmental nonprofit organization. Our mission is to plant, preserve and protect New York City’s urban forest through education, community participation and advocacy.
Trees New York uses trees as a vehicle for environmental education and action. Through tree- related endeavors, our volunteers help improve their quality of life while learning about the urban environment and important related topics such as storm water management, the urban heat island effect and pollinators.
Title: Environmental Educator for the Young Urban Forester Internship
Job Location: Greenpoint, Brooklyn / Manhattan
Schedule: June 25, 2018– August 23, 2018 (32-40 hours per week)
Pay Rate: $16.00/hour
Trees New York is seeking a seasonal Environmental Educator to assist with our Young Urban Forester summer internship. The internship introduces participants to urban forestry conservation, restoration and planning and environmental careers. Participants complete several hands-on projects: tree stewardship projects, tree inventory and data collection. Additional topics include urban agriculture, green infrastructure, air and water quality.
* Assist in the instruction of urban forestry topics to 16 high schools students under the direction of the Program
* Implement tree stewardship and maintenance projects
* Track participants’ progress, hours and administrate paperwork such as time sheets
* Serve as support personnel for special projects
* Other general office and clerical duties as needed
* Experience working with youth preferred
* Working towards a degree in Biology, Environmental Studies, Urban Studies, Urban Planning, Geography or Education
* Must enjoy working outdoors
2 Monthly Metrocard
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Nelson Villarrubia, Executive Director email@example.com Subject line: Environmental Educator