Details: Up to $65000 per year
Requisition ID: req2154
Job Title: Knowledge Manager, Airbel
Sector: Research & Development
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
As a global humanitarian organization, the IRC has unique capabilities, and is particularly known for rigorous research and evidence-based programs. The IRC's strategy over the next 5 years builds on these capabilities, and its mission is to extend IRC's thought and operational leadership in the sector.
A key initiative that supports this strategy is the Airbel Center -- IRC's Research and Development lab -- aimed at investing in the design, development, and scaling of new humanitarian interventions and delivery models. The lab seeks to apply best practices from human-centered design, rapid iteration, and cross-functional problem-solving. Combining these capabilities in IRC's extensive field presence, and supported by deep sector expertise from our research capability, we believe it is possible to design and scale breakthrough humanitarian programs that could impact millions of people most affected by conflict and disasters.
Job Overview: Based in IRC Headquarters in New York City, the Knowledge Manager will join a multidisciplinary team of user-centered design and social sector experts to provide knowledge management, internal governance, and communications and organizational support to the team. Reporting to Airbel's Director of Development, this position will ensure that department-level coordination and information sharing is structured, efficient and accessible. A super-organizer, you will help drive how we collect, analyze and use data across our portfolio, think and work in the open, and share our work with critical partners and stakeholders.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn about design and innovation techniques from seasoned design professionals, help us shape and plan innovation projects for success, and learn the ins and outs of the strategic and operational aspects of innovation projects.
- Support all governance functions through data collection, analysis and material preparation (stage gate meetings, board committee meetings);
- Lead data collection and synthesis for quarterly reviews in collaboration with HQ staff;
- Support department-level coordination, meetings and process
- Facilitate monthly project management meeting and the all-team huddle;
- Support planning and execution of annual/quarterly meetings for advisory network and board committee.
Document and collateral management
- Manage all of Airbel's organizational systems by creating and refining tools and platforms for the Airbel team - Airtable, Slack, and other knowledge management systems
- Maintain, update and curate internal collaboration tools and best practices
- Maintain, update and curate the best documentation across the department
- Collaborate closely with development and communications staff on key initiatives
- Work with project teams to ensure they are following Airbel best practice in each project, and are using tools for documents management, collaboration and task management
- Proactively engage teams to share knowledge that would support and amplify projects with Airbel tools, information, and approaches
- Oversee design and production of all public materials, including sub-contracting and coordination with vendors.
- Own Airbel's internal communications strategy; ensure strong engagement with IRC community
- Ensure that project and departmental communications are timely, relevant and accurate, including regular updates to senior leadership
- Create assets for company intranet, quarterly board meetings, Airbel brownbags and other events as required
- Support stewardship of key accounts and contributors (including board committee, donors and advisors)
- Support the Zolberg Fellows Program and cultivate opportunities for collaboration; Work with IRC staff to oversee Fellow onboarding, progress and management.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Director of Development, Airbel Center
Position directly supervises: none
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
● Chief Innovation Officer
● Core Airbel Team
● Technical Unit Directors and Team Members
● Airbel Advisory and Board Committee Members
● Country Program Staff
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2-3 years of professional experience, project management and/or communications experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills; Ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment.
- Experience implementing and supporting team collaboration, and management of collaboration tools and platforms
- Flexible work attitude, proactive and demonstrated creativity: the ability to work productively in a team environment and problem solve creatively with minimal guidance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to effectively liaise with and motivate a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment and across various time zones
- Ability to write, edit and produce a variety of communications for internal and external audiences
- Fluency in French and/or Arabic
- Work in humanitarian setting or development contexts
- Experience/familiarity with NGO setting
- Standard office work environment
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l'Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l'exploitation et les abus, la protection de l'enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l'intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Minimum Education Required