Full-Time Business and Accounting Manager
Wonderland Child & Family Services
At Wonderland, we know that our work changes lives. We work hard and celebrate our professional achievements, but also understand that life outside of work is important and value a healthy work/life balance. We offer many benefits, flexible scheduling options, and a supportive work environment to foster the health of the whole individual.
We are seeking an individual that enthusiastically embraces Wonderland’s mission and values and wants to be part of our critical impact and work of helping children meet healthy developmental milestones and families thrive! This position is an ideal fit for a professional who has a strong understanding of accounting and not-for-profit business management, is comfortable navigating comprehensive systems and databases, and can positively collaborate with diverse stakeholders and complete tasks with a high degree of ownership and care.
- Maintain all agency contracts with counties, school districts, cities, and other agencies
- Prepare monthly and quarterly government contract invoices and reports
- Ensure compliance, reporting and audit requirements are fulfilled with contracts
- Attend regular contractor meetings
- Manage accounts receivable
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Ensure payroll taxes and reports are filed and paid in a timely manner
- Process semi-monthly accounts payable
- Assist with month-end closing procedures and reporting process
- Provide reports for department managers and for grant/funders when needed
- Complete year-end reporting and closing procedures
- Assist with annual budget preparations
- Assist with annual audit and Form 990 tax return process
- Provide supplemental support to other Finance Team members, as needed
- Manage vendor relationships and service agreements
- Review and manage insurance and taxes filings for organization
- Maintain organizational policy and procedures, incorporating best practices
- Support office equipment needs
- Assist with employee orientation and start-up process
- Assist with office purchasing
- Provide supplemental support to Human Resources and Administrative Assistant, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-year degree, Accounting preferred, but equivalent experience considered
- 3+ years full cycle accounting experience, plus if within non-profit sector or with government contracts/funding
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and advanced Excel knowledge and skills
- Experience working with accounting and payroll software, QuickBooks Online and ADP Workforce preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Able to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Effective communication and positive customer service skills
- Able to engage and work with multiple stakeholders at all organizational levels and virtually at times
- Valid driver’s license, current insurance and reliable automobile required.
- Wonderland employees are mandated reporters of any suspected abuse or neglect of a child to either DSHS or law enforcement.
- Commitment to building and strengthening equity practices.
About Wonderland Child & Family Services
Wonderland Child & Family Services is a multi-program agency serving children from birth through age 12 with developmental delays, disabilities, and prenatal substance exposure. Founded 50 years ago, Wonderland’s mission is to provide a strong and equitable foundation for children and their families with diverse needs and abilities to flourish through therapy, education, advocacy, and resources. We reach hundreds of families every month through Early Childhood Programs & Services and Hope RISING Clinic for Prenatal Substance Exposure. Our direct service providers are uniquely trained to provide trauma- and FASD-informed care.
- Competitive wages (DOE)
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- PTO and generous paid holidays (including the last week of the year from December 25th through January 1st)
- Flexible Schedules
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Training and Continuing Education
- Mileage Reimbursement
Office location: Shoreline, Washington.
Wonderland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about Wonderland, please visit https://wonderlandkids.org/