1400 16th Street NW
District of Columbia
IFAW is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer and to concept and produce content for IFAW’s online channels. This is an incredible opportunity to help shape a new online division at one of the most prestigious animal welfare and conservation organizations while reaching supporters and advocates in fifteen countries on five continents in nine languages.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of online marketing and fundraising fundamentals and the tools needed to support online marketing. This role directly supports the growth, cultivation and development of IFAW’s digital universe of subscribers, advocates and donors globally and plays a critical role in helping the team meet and exceed online revenue targets, list growth, audience engagement and ultimately retention.
In close collaboration with cross-functional partners, you will turn ideas and concepts into modern designs that will further optimize the user experience across all digital channels. To be successful here you'll also need a flexible personality to be able to thrive in the fast paced, reactive environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the creative development and implementation of multimedia projects across multiple platforms for both social and paid advertising initiatives.
- Perform graphic design duties requiring conception, planning, scheduling, and implementation of design solutions.
- Create graphics, banners, and other assets for day-to-day marketing campaigns
- Assist in the creation and update of sales collateral and research assets including reports, charts, presentations, and infographics
- Assist in the design and management of marketing emails, landing pages, and other web assets
- Ensure visual consistency of the brand across various touch points (banners, email campaigns, pages, infographics, etc)
- Review all editorial and image content, ensure proper layout and execution for digital needs across many social and paid advertising platforms.
- Build cross-functional relationships and interact daily with the creative, marketing and e-commerce teams.
- Create elevated, forward thinking digital assets that complements and elevates the overall marketing messages at any given time.
- Create and deliver presentations to teams on a weekly basis.
- Work on multiple projects at a time with varying deadlines.
- Maintain graphic continuity of visual communication elements with regard to IFAW’s graphic design standards and branding while delivering a clear message.
- Proficient in animation and motion graphics.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or equivalent education.
- 5+ years’ experience designing for web and digital media
- Experience with industry-standard creative design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, and Premiere Pro
- UI/UX experience (desktop and mobile)
- Strong understanding of user experience and user interface
- Excellent typography skills
- Illustration skills a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit an application at https://www.ifaw.org/united-states/about-ifaw/employment