Vice President of Public Policy and Communications
- Job posted by Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey
196 Speedwell Avenue
Under the umbrella of Planned Parenthood Northern, Central and Southern New Jersey, the Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey (PPAFNJ) – is a nonpartisan, social welfare organization, and the advocacy arm for the Planned Parenthood Affiliates in the state of NJ.
The full-time VP of Public Policy and Communications leads the state policy office for Planned Parenthood Action Fund of NJ and sets the strategy for the state’s legislative, electoral, grassroots advocacy and communications efforts designed to protect and expand access to reproductive health care and sexual health information in New Jersey. The VP is a senior strategist who serves as a key voice at the state Capitol, with the media and other stakeholders across NJ. The position requires travel across the state and work during nights and weekends.
IDEAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes and experience:
- Ability to influence and drive a coherent and consistent message.
- Ability to represent Planned Parenthood in NJ at the state Capitol and with the media.
- Proven supervisory skills including managing and coaching staff at all levels
- Ability to advance agency’s position with relevant constituents.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse populations.
- Highly organized and proficient at preparing documentation and reports.
- Knowledge of long-term strategic planning as well as short-term crisis management.
- Ability to ascertain and understanding the needs of elected officials, coalition partners and community leaders.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to travel throughout the state as required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to workplace values of respect, caring, support, effective communication, teamwork & collaboration, accountability and responsibility; practice these values in relation with internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the mission and as required.
- Bachelor’s level degree with previous experience in political/grassroots organizing. Commensurate senior management experience maybe considered in lieu of a degree.
- 7-10 years of successful senior management level experience in nonprofit advocacy, political environments or legislative environments.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Reliable transportation to travel.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Self motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
- Ability to multitask.
Apply online at www.PlannedParenthood.org
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply online at PlannedParenthood.org