KID Museum is seeking a Marketing Associate who will contribute meaningfully to both consumer-facing and operational aspects of evolving Marketing and Communications efforts. The Marketing Associate will be an active part of the team responsible for achieving audience growth and engagement goals. This position will support social media campaign development and implementation; program, event and brand promotion; special event production; market research; web development and more.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related degree and a minimum of 1-3 years of hands-on experience in marketing and communications implementation, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess a deep understanding of how social media works behind the scenes, and how to optimize brand presence and engagement across current and emerging communications and social media platforms. Experience writing email, website and social media copy is strongly preferred. Customer Relationship Management experience (e.g. Salesforce/PatronManager) is required; creative cloud experience is preferred. Wordpress experience is a plus.
Opportunities for growth await a responsible, proactive, creative go-getter who likes to roll up their sleeves, connect dots, solve problems, get stuff done and get people really excited about what we do and why we do it.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports KID’s Marketing and Communications Team by drafting, scheduling and tracking wide-ranging marketing efforts, including email and social media campaigns, content marketing to multiple stakeholder audiences, and creative asset development (e.g. digital assets, print collateral, social media graphics).
- Conducts audience research (e.g. qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis, desk research, empathy interviews). Develops and understands target audience personas and segmentation.
- Maintains and manages clean and robust audience data (e.g. maintain and keep clean email distribution lists).
- Supports the creation and implementation of compelling and engaging content for multiple audience segments and for all platforms – social media, blogs, newsletters and other program and brand promotion.
- Writes for and makes website content updates (e.g. event listings, program descriptions, calls to action).
- Implements social media campaigns and supports digital ad campaigns (e.g. paid social media, Google Ads and Google Ad Words).
- Creates, proofreads, and edits copy for multiple marketing channels, ensuring it is customer-centric, audience-appropriate and delivered in a consistent brand voice.
- Implements email marketing, reports and analyzes campaigns utilizing demonstrated experience in current and emerging email software platforms.
- Identifies new opportunities (channels) to share and amplify promotional messaging.
- Implements cross platform event promotion (e.g. posting events on community calendars, building promotional partnerships).
- Evaluates and monitors marketing performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and creating clear, actionable reports.
- Supports live and virtual event production, and serves as production assistant for marketing production projects (e.g. creating event rundowns, event logistics, on-set general production support).
- Manages and cultivates a press list. Distributes press releases/alerts, tracking with follow-up requests and summarizing outcomes.
- Coordinates the design of materials and collateral for conferences and events (invitations, programs, postcards, signage, etc.).
- Successfully complete other duties as assigned.
- Creative problem-solving with a positive, action-oriented, results-driven mindset wrapped with a strong sense of professionalism.
- Good relationship-building skills and ability to work with a range of team members across the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across a wide variety of audiences; grammar important.
- Creative writing for distinct target audience segments and a range of media channels; good editing and proofreading skills; and strong presentation skills.
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing.
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. analyze metrics and create easy-to-understand reports).
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as the work demands.
- Flexible, detail-oriented, collaborative, and resourceful.
- Adaptable; able to work on multiple projects simultaneously; able to quickly adjust to change and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding organizational, project and time management skills; strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Solid understanding of and ability to work with Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Graphic design skills preferred.
The successful candidate must be able to perform the above tasks independently, accurately, reliably, and in a timely manner.
Diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion are important, interdependent components of everyday life at KID Museum and are critical to our pursuit of excellence. KID Museum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.