Founded in 1990 and guided by the values of collaboration, depth and feminism, Outright Action International strives to support lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people to live safer, healthier, and more empowered lives worldwide. Outright Action International’s vision of change includes policy reform, legal challenges, coalition initiatives, and stronger LGBTI communities worldwide.
OutRight currently seeks a Development Associate – Individual Giving. This position is based out of our New York office.
The Development Associate for Individual Giving implements OutRight’s individual giving program, planning and executing fundraising activities to sustain and support OutRight’s mission to advance the rights of LGBTIQ people around the world. They lead OutRight’s individual giving efforts, including planning and executing fundraising to sustain and grow the number or size of individual donors and donations, managing donations and working with the Major Gifts officer to manage the individual donor program, communicate with donors and organize fundraising events.
- Develop and implement OutRight’s individual donor strategy, in collaboration with the Development Team
- Lead donor research, engagement, stewardship, cultivation, and renewal
- Develop and execute an effective grassroots fundraising strategy online and via direct mail
- Develop communications and reports for individual donors, and other collateral needed for individual fundraising in collaboration with the Development team
- Facilitate donor engagement online and at activities and events
- Manage and grow OutRight’s monthly donor program
- Organize fundraising events, including our major annual event in May
- Manage donations and donors in our database, ensuring proper accounting and stewardship of all donors, with the help of the Development Team
- Relevant academic degree or equivalent
- Devotion to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) human rights in a global context
- 2+ years of experience in creating and implementing successful individual donor strategies.
- Knowledge of the corporate philanthropic community
- Experience from implementing successful direct mail and/or online campaigns
- Experience using donor database software, preferably Salesforce CRM
- Experience organizing and managing fundraising events
- Excellent organizational, management, writing, and proofreading skills
- Comfortable prospecting, cultivating and managing individual donors
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, but also a dependable team player
- Experience using social media tools for individual donor cultivation and event promotion
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, knowledge of Google Docs,
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience of using Facebook, Twitter, and other outlets and tools for individual donor cultivation and event promotion
OutRight offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contribution (with no match), professional development opportunities, cost of living adjustment and sabbatical opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter explaining how your skills and background fit this position, a resume/CV, and a writing sample relevant to the position to email@example.com. Please refer to "Development Associate - Individual Giving" in the subject line.
OutRight Action International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of color, transgender/gender-variant individuals, are all encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. Please do not call.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 3, 2018.