3990 Brickway Blvd
About the Redwood Empire Food Bank:
The Redwood Empire Food Bank (REFB) is the largest hunger-relief organization serving north coastal California from Sonoma County to the Oregon border. Since 1987, the REFB has provided food and nourishment to those facing hunger, currently serving 82,000 children, families and seniors in Sonoma County, while striving to end hunger in our community. The REFB collaborates with local and regional partners to obtain and distribute 15+ million pounds of food annually, the equivalent of more than 35,000 meals every day. Through more than 200 of our own direct service distributions and partnerships with 1770 other hunger-relief organizations, we form a network of over 450 weekly and monthly distribution sites serving low-income residents in Sonoma, Lake, Del Norte,Mendocino and Humboldt counties. Learn more at refb.org.
The Logistics Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to build Redwood Empire Food Bank product orders. This is done with safety, efficiency, inventory, and customer service in mind. The Logistics Coordinator is also responsible for storing, moving, shipping and restocking food product in the REFB warehouse.
This position operates in the REFB warehouse and as such, interacts with the REFB Operations & Logistics Department, REFB volunteers and Community Marketplace customers on a regular basis. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for addressing problems with order flow, quality-control issues, as well as day-to-day concerns with customer deadlines, warehouse capacity and inventory integrity. The Logistics Coordinator must ensure that customers and co-workers are highly regarded and receive exceptional service.
• Pull orders accurately and efficiently according to priority.
• Palletize orders properly to ensure effective loading and unloading.
• Adhere to logistics procedures, and regulatory-compliance.
• Complete documentation; pick lists, dump logs, and inventory transactions.
• Accurately record shipment data; weight, pallet count, quantities, damages, and HACCP CCP data.
• Operate forklifts and pallet jacks with the upmost safety.
• Rectify problems such as damages, shortages and quality non-conformance.
• Document customer service issues, order, receiving, inventory, and shipping errors.
• Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships.
• Verify orders and load trucks per truck schedule.
• Perform cycle count procedure per schedule.•In the event of a disaster all REFB staff are expected to be available for work once they have secured the safety of their homes and families.
• This is a full-time position, availability to work during the hours 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Saturdays as necessary.
• Willingness to work overtime as necessary.
• The duties of this position are performed within a warehouse environment, as well as in various areas within
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to understand and communicate processes and procedures.
• Ability to operate pallet jacks, fork lifts and various materials handling equipment.
• Ability to perform accurate data entry and physical and system transactions.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Deadline and detail oriented.
• Customer service oriented.
• Self-starter and team player.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints.
• Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to push minimum 100 pounds, ability to lift minimum of 50 pounds. Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking etc., as job may require.
• Reading and writing proficiency in English.
Required Education and Experience:
• High school diploma
• 1 year of experience in logistics or warehousing
• Basic understanding of computers
• Valid California driver’s license certified and acceptable driving record
• Hourly wage based on experience
• Full benefits package (medical/dental insurance, holiday pay, paid time off, employee sponsored retirement plan)
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to REFB Logistics Manager, Erika Carstensen: email@example.com.
Full benefits package (medical/dental insurance, holiday pay, paid time off, employee sponsored retirement plan)
Minimum Education Required