Details: To be discussed
4029 S Capital of Texas Hwy
The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for supporting the finance manager (75%) along with the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and support the work of management and other staff (25%).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with financial management
- Check Woo Commerce daily for new Check On Hold invoices, adding same to QuickBooks and generating draft invoices, and updating the Check On Hold spreadsheet that is shared with the Program Team.
- Enter all daily transactions to QuickBooks, including vendor invoices and receipt of checks and cash received and provide the Finance Manager with related documents
- Print daily QuickBooks activity report for the Finance Manager
- Process monthly credit card and personal expense reports from Expensify, verifying receipts, and ensuring credit card reports match credit card statements
- Download and enter Payroll data in QuickBooks and create bi-monthly data entry sheets
- Assist in month-close process to ensure accuracy and complete inclusion of documents in the digital record
- Assist in review of properly booked transactions on a monthly basis
- Assisting in annual audits and requests for financial information
- Code and file financial material according to established records management and retention policy to manage
- Reconciling benefits related transactions to benefit plans and liability accounts on a monthly basis
- Additional projects as requested
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming date stamped mail, emailed invoices and other items
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Provide administrative support to management and other staff
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for management, on occasion
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
- High School Diploma
- Post secondary education in business, computers, or office management is an asset
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Word processing
Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
- Voice messaging systems
- Photo copier
Administrative Assistants should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- 1-3 years experience in an office setting
- Administrative Assistants works in an office environment.
- Administrative Assistants work a standard work week.
- Administrative Assistants may be required to work some overtime hours.
To be discussed
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required