1039 Bladensburg Road Northeast
District of Columbia
Position Title: Case Manager – Family Connect
Reports to: Division Director and Project Coordinator (Family Connect) – Welcome Center Services Division
Location: Friendship Place – Bladensburg Office (1039 Bladensburg Rd NE, Washington, DC 20002)
Hours: Monday-Friday (9am-5pm); Some evenings, weekends, and holidays may be required
The Family Connect – Case Manager will serve as the primary contact and direct support to households enrolled in the program. Family Connect seeks to make an impact toward ending homelessness and stabilizing families within Washington DC and the Greater Washington Metropolitan Region. The program will focus on serving families with minor children, families with adult dependents, and “families of choice.” The Case Manager will assist the Project Coordinator in identifying eligible households and provide direct care supportive services toward the achievement of stable housing and self-sufficiency. The Case Manager must have the ability to build relationships across a diverse population through empowerment practices and display cultural competency. Knowledge of evidence based practices (s.a. Critical Time Intervention, Harm Reduction, Trauma Informed Care) are also vital. The Case Manager will serve a key role in developing relationships with area landlords and other key stakeholders to support the mission of ending homelessness for area families. The position is funded through a privately funded corporate partnership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supportive case management services to eligible households with a focus on housing stabilization and self-sufficiency goals (s.a. employment, education, benefits acquisition, social supports, etc.)
- Assist households with housing stabilization through housing search assistance, temporary financial assistance, and affordable housing plans
- Engage with area landlords to build relationships and support inventory of potential housing opportunities for households
- Coordinate with Employment Specialists for service supports for households identifying employment as a primary goal
- Complete referrals and engage other organizations to leverage key resources to support served households with basic needs and toward achieving self-sufficiency and stability.
- Participate in the planning and development of new projects as they relate to participant services
- Connect, collaborate, build, and maintain positive relationships with external agencies that provide services to Friendship Place participants
- Actively participate in case conference meetings, staff meetings, and supervisions.
- Actively participate in trainings and other events
- Complete Apricot documentation, case notes, and other key documentation with detail and in a timely manner (48-hours)
- Support positive client-centered practices and participant well-being through:
Ø Engaging participants, assessing safety, and activating emergency services as needed
Ø Building trusting relationships and rapport
Ø Empowering individuals in wellness practices and self-sufficiency
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services with at least 1+years experience in Social Services; MSW degree preferred
- Experience working with households experiencing homelessness, at-risk of homelessness, households with children, LGBTQ+ community (a plus)
- Knowledge of evidence base practices in case management services, homeless services, trauma informed care, and recovery services.
- Strong knowledge of human development, empowerment, and solution-focused principles
- Willingness to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to presenting needs
- Possess plenty of energy and sense of humor
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, etc., and other database systems
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
Position will spend time between office/desk settings, traveling to meet with households across the service area, and attend meetings/engagements with key stakeholders. Travel time for position responsibilities may consist up to 25%-40%.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
Position requires split time between an office setting and traveling to engagements via car or public transportation. Employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time with repetitive motion and positions. Employee must be able to operate a motorized vehicle. Some lifting may be required (up to 20-25lbs)
The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check, CFSA Child Abuse/Neglect Background Check, FBI fingerprinting and drug testing.
Must have his/her own transportation to carry out job duties and responsibilities. The vehicle must meet legal requirements (insured, registered, etc.) and the employee must have a valid driver's license.
Friendship Place offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, and vision, 403B, short term disability, 15 days of vacation during 1st year of employment, sick time, and much more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in the Case Manager - Family Connect position:
Please send resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to Sean Read, Division Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Calls will not be accepted.
We welcome diversity at Friendship Place. LGBTQ+ persons encouraged to apply. POC encouraged to apply.