Details: Commensurate with Experience
989 Commonwealth Avenue
The Children's Advocacy Center of Suffolk County (CAC) unites public, private and community partners to promote safety, healing and justice for child victims and their families. The CAC works closely with an array of agencies to coordinate high quality investigations and assessments of alleged abuse; provide comprehensive services to children and families; offer specialized training for a diverse range of professionals; and to prevent child abuse and exploitation in our community.
The CAC's Support to End Exploitation Now (SEEN) program is a ground-breaking, nationally-recognized partnership among more than 35 agencies dedicated to increasing access to safety and services for high risk youth and child victims of commercial sexual exploitation (CSEC) and trafficking.
THE CAC's SEEN PROGRAM IS EXPANDING ITS STAFF AND SEEKS A FULL-TIME FAMILY ADVOCATE / CASE MANAGER TO PROVIDE ADVOCACY, SUPPORT AND CASE MANAGEMENT FOR HIGH RISK YOUTH AND CHILD VICTIMS OF COMMERCIAL SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND TRAFFICKING.
- Serve as a primary CAC contact for referrals of suspected commercial sexual exploitation (CSEC) and child trafficking;
- Review cases to determine appropriate timeframe for Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) response;
- Facilitate the Team’s process: helping the team organize, sequence and prioritize activities and service provision;
- Advocate for and serve as liaison between family, social service & youth advocacy agencies and law enforcement as well as connecting these agencies to the broader partner community;
- Provide support and advocacy for child victims and their non-offending caregivers;
- Incorporate youth voice into the MDT response;
- Identify unmet service needs and opportunities for the MDT to address them;
- Coordinate scheduling of and participate in Team interviews with victims;
- Convene and facilitate SEEN case conference meetings; participate in team decision-making regarding service plan, safety issues, and prosecution;
- Provide evening and weekend after-hours phone coverage;
- Conduct outreach and provide information and consultation to partner agencies;
- Participate in SEEN Steering Committee, training and ongoing supervision;
- Maintain SEEN databases and case tracking;
- Other duties, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 3 years professional experience required, Masters level preferred (in human services, psychology, social work, education, criminal justice or related field);
- Professional experience working in youth and / or adolescent services;
- Experience with multidisciplinary teams, facilitation and systems advocacy;
- Working knowledge of child trafficking dynamics, Youth Development Model, and child welfare and juvenile justice systems;
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for the CAC's mission and youth advocacy.
The Children's Advocacy Center of Suffolk County is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Position includes benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume with SEEN Case Manager in the subject line to:
Melissa Ganley, Operations Manager
Children's Advocacy Center of Suffolk County
989 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE