285 Schermerhorn Street
Position: Audit/Budget Specialist
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Work Location: 285 Schermerhorn Street
Hours: Full Time
Salary/Range: $48,000 - $62,000
The Audit/Budget Specialist assists the CFO and works closely with the outsourced financial management provider, to manage the agency’s audit and compliance activities, including the annual independent audit and federal Single Audit, as well as various funder-generated audits and fiscal reviews throughout the year. The Audit/Budget Manager also provides technical assistance and support to the agency’s program directors and department heads, to help ensure effective budget management on an ongoing basis.
· Assist CFO in monitoring both in-house and outsourced accounting, financial reporting and internal control systems. Review monthly and year-end financial reports to ensure accuracy.
· Under the direction of the CFO, and in consultation with the Chief Compliance Officer, prepare work papers for the annual independent and single audits and for all funder-generated audits and fiscal reviews. Coordinate audit/financial document review activity with all outside auditors and reviewers, and track agency’s progress in meeting all deadlines and responding to inquiries during such processes.
· Meet with Executive Team, Division Directors, program directors and department heads to review revenue and expense summaries and provide budget management assistance.
· Assist CFO and outsourced financial managers in the preparation of various financial documentation, including but not limited to budgets and budget modifications; the annual Certified Financial Report (CFR) and revisions thereto; and tax filings (990 and 5500), as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned. This position will be cross-trained to serve as a back-up for other positions in the agency’s Finance Department, particularly in the area of payroll accounting.
· BA/BS in Accounting with a minimum of 3 years accounting experience, with a demonstrated ability to gather, interpret and use data to create reports; strong Excel skills required (Pivot Table).
· CFR and/or public accounting expertise strongly preferred; expertise in the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) essential.
· Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills and great attention to detail required.
· Knowledge of Great Plains accounting system and/or experience with government contracts is a plus.
Medical insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance; 23 accrued vacation days and 12 sick days, life insurance coverage paid by employer, pre-tax commuter benefits, 403b retirement plan as well as training and professional development opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Please write in the subject line: Audit/Budget Specialist