Genthiner Str. 48
ProVeg is a food awareness organisation with the mission to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040. We are active in eight countries across four continents and are growing rapidly. We work with governments, private companies, public institutions, medical professionals, and the public to help the world transition to a more plant-based society and economy that is sustainable for humans, animals, and our planet.
Reports to: Melanie Joy
Department: Beyond Carnism
Location: Berlin, Germany
Hours: 20h per week
Application deadline: October 15th 2018
Start date: As soon as possible
About Beyond Carnism and CEVA
Beyond Carnism is a US-based, international organization dedicated to exposing and transforming carnism, the invisible belief system that conditions people to eat certain animals. Beyond Carnism is the first and only organization that focuses exclusively on carnism, making it a pioneering and landmark institution and a hub of international carnism-awareness activity. Our programs and campaigns are innovative and powerful, and have a significant global impact. We are run by a team of committed, compassionate, and exceptionally talented staffers and volunteers in the US and Europe. Beyond Carnism is the parent organization of the Center for Effective Vegan Advocacy (CEVA), whose mission is to increase the impact of vegan advocacy worldwide. CEVA offers on-site trainings, organizational consulting, grants, and a strategy resource center.
The Beyond Carnism/CEVA Campaign Manager will develop and implement projects and campaigns, help to improve and grow our social media presence, develop social media strategy and content, and manage social media pages and profiles to increase our funding opportunities and enhance public engagement with our work. The successful candidate will have excellent English written and spoken communication skills, and will ideally have a background in campaign management. They will also be committed to the Beyond Carnism and CEVA mission.
- Develop and implement a variety of diverse campaign strategies, based on existing and new materials produced by Beyond Carnism and CEVA
- Develop social media strategy to increase Beyond Carnism and CEVA’s following
- Manage all social media platforms
- Work closely with Staff Writer/Editor to develop content for campaigns and also for all social media communications
- Manage the Beyond Carnism and CEVA online communities
- Oversee, collect, and help improve social media metrics
- Develop and oversee campaign and social media KPIs
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of two years of experience in campaign management and/or project management
- Well-developed creative and critical thinking skills
- An excellent eye for, and commitment to, detail
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills (professional experience in writing or editing a plus)
- Knowledge of public relations strategies
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Thorough knowledge of carnism and animal rights and a familiarity with other social justice issues
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the principles of effective altruism
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Beyond Carnism, including a commitment to intersectionality and a willingness to become literate about privilege and oppression
- Willingness to take on different responsibilities and tasks as needed
- Eligibility to work in the EU
Please note that Beyond Carnism/CEVA is located in the offices of ProVeg International and the organizations collaborate closely.
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget
- Delicious and healthy vegan lunch every day at our Berlin office
- Flexibility around working arrangements
- And last but not least: Become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Your application should include a cover letter, a CV and work certificates. Please tell us how you found this job ad! Please send us your application using our online form. (https://proveg.com/jobs/) Thank you!
The upcoming steps include:
- Online trial tasks
- A first phone interview
- A personal interview and an optional “trial week”, that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you are applying for. If you are not from Berlin you can do this tasks at home. That helps us to get to know you and your way of working better, and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and us