Details: $60000 - $70000 per year
Title: Marketing Associate (Boston, MA)
Office: Boston, MA
Location: Boston, MA
Career Stage: Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Year Up is seeking an enthusiastic, mid-level Marketing Associate (Boston, MA) to fulfill a one-year commitment intended to allow Marketing professionals to build and apply their expertise in support of connecting low-income young adults to life-changing career opportunities.
As a Marketing Associate (Boston, MA), you'll gain experience marketing in the nonprofit sector and support driving a quality experience for our stakeholders through data analysis, marketing technology management, and UX/CX consulting. You'll be part of Year Up's National Marketing team, which means you'll join us in building a strong brand across 22 cities - and more as we grow. You'll engage directly with our students through tutoring and other volunteering opportunities.
This is a full-time, paid opportunity in our Boston headquarters. While we have some flexibility, we generally expect a one-year commitment and a start date in September. We happily consider great Marketing Associates for permanent positions on our team, when aligned with organizational needs.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Data analysis, primarily surveys of students and prospective students and performance data for digital media (open rates, click-through rates, etc)
- Data visualization and reporting, clearly defining and communicating insights to Marketing, Admissions, and Program teams
- Marketing technology management support (stack including Marketo, Twilio, Wordpress, and potentially a new website CMS), including:
- Updates to templates and content in each system
- Guidance for non-expert marketing staff and site staff on how to leverage technology
- Documentation of systems management processes
- UX/CX consulting, supporting a quality experience across marketing channels, with an emphasis on prospective student engagement through our website and nurturing communications
- CX resource development support, including documentation of stakeholder journey maps and resource bank maintenance
- Support for Year Up students as an academic advisor or through other volunteer opportunities
- 3-5 years' professional experience, preferably in marketing, technology, or data analysis
- Fluency in Excel, strong aptitude for data analysis and visualization
- Demonstrated aptitude for marketing technology, preferably through experience in website development/management and/or marketing automation systems
- Willingness to become a Marketo Certified Expert in 1-2 months (we'll support your training!)
- Experience in UX design or behavioral economics preferred
- Project management experience, preferably in marketing technology
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of brand consistency across a variety of media
- Aptitude for and interest in collaborating with team to develop new marketing campaigns and opportunities for customer engagement
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization with a mission to close the Opportunity Divide by providing young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high support, high expectations model that combines hands-on technical and professional skills, educational stipends, college-level coursework, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies. Its holistic approach focuses on students' professional and personal development to place talented and motivated young adults on a viable path to economic self-sufficiency.
Year Up has served more than 19,500 young adults since its founding in 2000, and will serve more than 4,000 young adults in 2018 nationwide. Year Up currently serves 21 U.S. cities across 16 markets, including Arizona, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Greater Atlanta, Greater Boston, Greater Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Providence, Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay Area, South Florida, and Wilmington.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The NonProfit Times for eight consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
Year Up participates in E-Verify.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity:http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Minimum Education Required