8610 North New Braunfels Avenue
Our organization has complex program offerings and diverse funding sources, including state, federal, grants and independent stakeholders. With heavy emphasis on reporting, the role requires a narrow focus on the finance function. Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and grant requirements, as well as previous non-profit audit experience for this role are critical. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a mature leader with seven to ten years of nonprofit accounting and finance experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive leaders and external stakeholders. She or he will ideally have experience in a complex non-profit that has multiple programs.
- Minimum of a BA; CPA required.
- 7 to 10 years of nonprofit accounting, audit and finance experience.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to Prospera Housing Community Service’s mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the CFO, the responsibility of key finance roles/responsibilities.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and treasury.
- Track record in grants management as relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants.
- Technology savvy with experience in systems implementations and conversions desired. Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS OVERVIEW
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EMPLOYER PAID)
- MEDICAL INSURANCE - HUMANA (The company pays 100% of the base medical plan for employees)
- ACCIDENT REIMBURSEMENT ARRANGEMENT (EMPLOYER PAID)
- LIFE INSURANCE (EMPLOYER PAID)
- DENTAL INSURANCE - METLIFE (EMPLOYEE PAID)
- VISION INSURANCE - VSP (EMPLOYEE PAID)
- SHORT TERM DISABILITY (EMPLOYER PAID)
- LONG TERM DISABILITY (EMPLOYEE PAID)
- 401K INVESTMENT PLAN - SLAVIC Traditional and Roth options available
- ADDITIONAL VOLUNTARY PRODUCTS - SUN LIFE (EMPLOYEE PAID)
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS Employee pays 100% of this benefit on a pre-tax basis
- SAVINGS CLUB
- VACATION & HOLIDAY PAY Full-time regular employees accrue 15 PTO days per year.
The company observes 11 paid holidays per year (available to full-time employees)
Minimum Education Required