Social Work Supervisor - South Brooklyn Case Management
- Job posted by Jewish Association Serving the Aging
3161 Brighton 6th Street
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In accordance with the standards of the social work profession and requirements of the funding source, responsible for the:
· Supervision of case intake, screening for program eligibility, triage for emergency intervention, and assignment to appropriate staff. Direction of social work staff in their provision of In-Home and In-Office Assessment of the social and emotional needs of the older adult client and his family, utilizing prescribed standardized assessment instruments (i.e., PSA, EISEP-PATH); securing where appropriate the assistance of other social work and/or other professional consultants.
· Supervision of staff and direct service to clients related to the development and implementation of a written case plan for the provision of the full range of social services for the older adult client(s) and family, including:
o Individual and family counseling and guidance in the resolution of problems of the client(s) and family.
o The provision of appropriate information to clients and collaterals regarding the normal physical, social and psychological development of individuals, challenges to functioning presented by conditions of impairment, disease, social stresses and dysfunction; and ways of coping and preserving individual functioning and autonomy.
o The provision of specific information about health, welfare, education and recreation services available to serve the older client.
o Screening of client eligibility, application for, and advocacy in securing benefits and entitlements.
o The arrangement for direct provision of services such as transportation, homecare services, meals on wheels, public assistance, Medicare, Medicaid, emergency cash relief, legal aid, protective services, vocational placement, medical and psychiatric examination and therapy, housing, etc.
o Evaluation of clients' capacity to manage their own affairs and protect themselves from financial exploitation. Assistance in securing needed and legitimate financial management or guardianship arrangements.
o Referral to, and cooperative relationships with other community agencies, to meet the needs of clients.
· Monitoring of staff and case review with regard to ongoing reassessment of client need, monitoring of service efficacy, and appropriate revision of the case plan.
· Informing supervisor of situations of crisis or circumstances where the worker requires further guidance.
· Supervision and disbursement of monies to staff and clients, as issued through JASA relief funds or client financial management services, to secure needed goods and services for older clients.
· Conducts group counseling, community education and caregiver support groups.
· Supervises Masters' and BA-level social work staff, community aides, Title V workers, homemakers, home health aides, interns and volunteers.
· Represents and interprets the agency at community conferences and meetings.
· Participates in training and unit meetings.
· Completes required case records, reports and statistics, utilizing computers, if so required.
· Performs such other duties as assigned.
· Graduate of an Accredited College or University with a Master of Social Work or equivalent Master's level degree in counseling, gerontology, psychology or related field.
· New York State Certification in Social Work required
· Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to provide professional supervision and leadership to social work staff.
· Minimum of three years' post-master's level experience in social work.
· Ability to read, write, speak, understand English. Good writing/record keeping skills.
· Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
· Ability to travel to clients' homes using mass transit and to negotiate any steps and barriers in clients' residences.
· Knowledge of Yiddish/Russian/Spanish/Patois may be helpful.
· Understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to serving clients and families.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Minimum Education Required