256 Washington Street
HOURS: Varies - Flexible Days and Hours
Home and Community-Based Services are primarily non-clinical behavioral health rehabilitation services for HARP Medicaid managed care recipients. HCBS is designed to be delivered in the community at a school, coffee shop, library, home, and workplace. These services support recovery by improving quality of life and ability to achieve personal goals such as education and employment.
The Education and Employment Specialist will help participants either to obtain and retain competitive employment, or to engage in formal education or training such as TASC or community college degree leading to competitive employment. Specific service responsibilities will include:
· Teach job search skills such as resume preparation, interviewing skills, online applications
· Provide time-limited work experience opportunities such as volunteer and internship positions to help strengthen work-related soft skills.
· Provide job development and placement supports including job search assistance, benefits counseling, and advocacy
· Provide job retention supports to keep a job including understanding HR policies and job responsibilities, supervision, expectations, accommodations and disclosure issues.
· Assist with identifying, applying to, and enrolling in vocational training, TASC prep, and post-secondary degree programs including financial aid, registration, resources, accommodations, etc.
· Complete assessments, service plans, progress notes, and discharge summaries using a laptop electronic health reporting system
· Attend relevant trainings, meetings, case conferences
· Interact with care coordinators, managed care organizations, and other providers as needed
· Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s degree preferred
· Minimum 3 years relevant experience in behavioral health field supporting individuals to pursue education and employment goals
· Adequate English writing and computer skills for completion of reports, case notes, and other documentation, as needed in electronic health reporting system.
· Knowledge of resources within Westchester County
· NYS Driver’s License and ability to drive agency vehicles preferred
SALARY: Depends on education and experience
Depends on education and experience
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required