Details: Bi-weekly hourly
1175 Howard Street
The Management Assistant is responsible for the general administrative support for the St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco’s Administrative Office and Community Office. This position oversees the reception area, manages office equipment, office supplies and provides administrative support to the Executive Staff. This is a full-time, nonexempt position.
- Opening/Closing – Unlock doors, set or disarm security system, check fax and copier for paper supply.
- Manage Reception Area - Handle telephone inquiries and walk-ins in a professional, supportive and cheerful manner. Completion of general administrative tasks including special mailings, delivery of mail, keys, security, and other administrative functions. Organize and perform all related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner, i.e. correspondence, filing, forms
- Manage the equipment and organization of the office - Ensure functioning of equipment including the postage meter, telephones, copier and security system. Contact the building maintenance person as needed with any building maintenance issues. Ensure and maintain orderly and clean office environment.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Director of Program Operations, Riley Center Program Director- Prepare meetings, organize materials and complete special projects as needed. Support special events as needed during the year. In collaboration with assigned staff, create and update agency forms. Record minutes at meetings as requested. Process invoices in a timely fashion and as requested in coordination with accounting team.
- Mail - Postmark and take outgoing mail to mailbox.
- Scheduling – Lead role in scheduling meetings for Directors, and Managers, as well as scheduling phone and in person interviews in coordination with Human Resources. Manage outlook calendars for conference rooms and facilities at ADMIN.
- Ordering and storage of office supplies – Maintain office supplies, organize supplies and keep inventory of supplies, by account, for both Admin and Riley. Process and manage invoices for all orders and accounts.
- Maintain administration records - Maintain both hardcopy and electronic file archives of general office records, including important operational documents for ADMIN and Riley.
- Data Entry – Key role in assisting with program data entry. Ensure data is entered into ETO database system regularly. Assist in pulling data reports as needed.
- Maintain staff lists and board information – Keep list up to date with contact information including titles and board affiliations. Distribute memos and staff announcements as necessary.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
- AA degree in office management or related field. Work experience acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, and complete tasks accurately.
- Computer proficiency including keyboarding and experience using Microsoft Windows.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Office Software applications.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Understanding of domestic violence issues, especially in context to race, class, gender, and sexual identity.
- Demonstrated commitment to open, direct, and non-violent communication.
- Ability to prioritize work and collaborate with others.
- Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a small office.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients, volunteers and staff.
- Commitment to the Mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society.
The St. Vincent de Paul Society-is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and/or conviction records.
Kaiser HMO paid in full for employee. Voluntary dental, vision, life and 403b plan. Two weeks of vacation and sick days provided.
Level of Language Proficiency
Average ability to read, write and speak English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Include a cover letter describing your interest and a resume