The Bay Foundation (TBF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to restoring and enhancing the Santa Monica Bay and southern California coastal habitats and waters. Our work contributes to the Santa Monica Bay National Estuary Program (SMBNEP) and its strategic plan for the region, the Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP).
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: TBF is looking for a very organized administrative assistant who can support the day-to-day operations of the organization. This position is responsible for providing general administrative support on cyclical administrative tasks and as needed. The Administrative Assistant position is a part-time position with 10-15 hours per week. Under the supervision of TBF’s COO, this position will support operations, human resources, accounts payable, accounts receivable, risk management, filing, note-taking, and other administrative areas.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform basic bookkeeping coordination tasks including bill paying, mailing checks, making deposits, invoicing, assisting with annual audit etc.
· Supports Human Resources and payroll processes, including benefit management processes
· Monitors and purchases office supplies for staff working in the office and remotely, and keeps storage stocked and organized
· Maintain organizational files and documents, including electronic files
· Coordinates and supports insurance coverage for staff and the organization
· Serve as the first point of contact for the organization on administrative and clerical inquiries
· Manage donor database, prepares donation receipts and acknowledgment, assists with donor communications, including appeal and thank you letters
· Manages equipment inventory and leads repairs and maintenance of office equipment, including computers, phones, and printers
· Performs other general administrative support as needed
· Knowledge and ability to produce ADA compliant documents preferred
· Collects and maintains all meeting minutes on an ongoing basis, identifies key action items, and prepares a report for Officers.
· Minimum two years related experience; nonprofit experience a plus.
· Strong organizational skills
· Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing. Familiarity with Quickbooks is a plus.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
· Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manners.
· Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
· willingness to learn new processes, including writing and preparing ADA compliant documents
· Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
This position is committed to our mission: to restore and enhance Santa Monica Bay through actions and partnerships that improve water quality, conserve and rehabilitate natural resources, and protect the bay’s benefits and values. The administrative assistant will represent TBF in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
This is a non-exempt position under the CA labor law code.
Location: This is a hybrid office/remote position. TBF’s office is located on Loyola Marymount University’s campus.
COVID-19 Vaccination Status: Prospective new staff is required to provide proof of vaccination or request a waiver as a condition of their offer of employment.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com by January 14, 2022.
The Bay Foundation is an equal opportunity employer . This position is committed to The Bay Foundation’s mission: to restore and enhance the Santa Monica Bay through actions and partnerships that improve water quality, conserve and rehabilitate natural resources, and protect the bay’s benefits and values. This is a non-exempt position under the California labor law code. For more information about TBF’s programs and projects: www.santamonicabay.org.
About The Bay Foundation
The Bay Foundation (TBF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit environmental group founded in 1990 to restore and enhance the Santa Monica Bay and local coastal waters (from the LA-Ventura county line to the Palos Verdes Peninsula). The Bay Foundation is a partner in the Santa Monica Bay National Estuary Program along with the Santa Monica Bay Restoration Commission and many other organizations. TBF works collaboratively with a broad group of stakeholders, including government agencies, industry, environmental groups, and community members. TBF engages scientists and conducts research while mentoring student interns and volunteers in conjunction with the Frank R. Seaver College of Science and Engineering through the Coastal Research Institute at Loyola Marymount University (TBF: www.santamonicabay.org, CRI: lmu.edu/cri).
The Bay Foundation (TBF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to restoring and enhancing the Santa Monica Bay and southern California coastal habitats and waters. Our work contributes to the Santa Monica Bay National Estuary Program…