232 Eddy Street
Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing (DISH) is looking for a Facilities Admin Assistant.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Facilities Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Facilities Department and the senior staff (including Directors, Facilities Director and Deputy Director), assists with finance and development, and performs special projects related to our development and operations.
The Facilities Assistant is a non-exempt full time position. This non-exempt employee works a standard 40-hour work week. Time beyond 40 hours must be preapproved by the manager.
About DISH: Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing believes that everyone deserves a home. Every day, we provide high-quality, permanent housing to San Franciscans who suffer from serious health issues—because with our help, they can get off the streets, rebuild their lives, and strengthen our communities.
Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing (DISH), a project of Tides Center, strives to provide excellent property management services to help end homelessness in San Francisco. Our guiding principle when we started in 2006 remains a steadfast focus: be an effective and nimble organization dedicated to housing adults with complex health, mental health, and substance use issues in supportive housing. We continue to deliver strong, measurable outcomes and get high marks from the tenants we serve. Everyone at DISH is grateful for the opportunity to serve our 450 amazing tenants and work alongside our fabulous team of 70 employees. DISH works closely with the San Francisco Department of Public Health – Housing and Urban Health, which provides a broad range of voluntary social services, medical care, and referrals to the tenants we serve. For more information, visit dishsf.org.
Our Mission: Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing (DISH) strives to provide excellent property management services to help end homelessness in San Francisco. DISH, a project of the Tides Center, provides custom property management services exclusively to the San Francisco Department of Public Health’s Direct Access to Housing program. Through its work, DISH hopes to demonstrate the healing effects of home and stable community, to reinforce the self-worth of persons who have not had access to a clean, beautiful place to live, and to involve tenants in healthy and life affirming activities by drawing upon the diverse opportunities in San Francisco.
1. Demonstrate excellence: In our work and in our interactions.
2. Stay focused: On what’s most important and within our control.
3. Under-promise and over-deliver: Managing expectations along the way.
4. Use initiative and innovation: Improving our services and performance.
5. Be fair and consistent: Implementing our policies and procedures.
6. Be mindful and prudent: With income and expenses.
7. Be respectful and hopeful: With tenants, partners, coworkers, and ourselves.
8. Be open: To different opinions, challenging discussions, and taking risks.
Our Service Commitments:
1. Warm greetings & interactions every chance we get
2. Professional appearance every day
3. Service through helping
4. Be present and respectful at all times
5. Stay calm in the eye of the storm
6. Strive for the best environment to be in and work in
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administration and Management
· Helps identify needs and develop and implement Facilities Department and DISH-wide administrative systems.
· Assists Facilities Director with management of the Facilities Department’s daily operations, including maintaining the filing system, ordering office supplies, cell phone management, and maintaining electronic equipment.
· Coordinates Facilities Department schedules including preventative maintenance, meeting and training schedules.
· Helps manage data, creates and produces regular and other reports on occupancy,
Facilities work, rental income, and other activities.
· Generates electronic and hard copy forms including an array of DISH document packets, meeting agendas and minutes, and reports using a variety of MS Office software programs.
· Performs standard office duties including mailing, faxing, scanning and preparing correspondence.
· Conducts cost-comparisons of facilities goods with a variety of vendors to ensure prudent expenditures.
· Keeps current with California and San Francisco legislation for development and maintenance of facilities projects, as needed.
· Assists the Deputy Director in preparing and monitoring the Facilities department yearly budget and maintains project status reports, project files and ensure communication with stake holders.
Finance and Procurement Management:
· Establishes and manages effective ongoing vendor relationships
· Orders and tracks all maintenance supplies, janitorial supplies, and durable goods for DISH hotel sites.
· Troubleshoots procurement issues and tracks discrepancies.
· Tracks Facilities budget activity, conducts trending and forecasting analysis as needed.
· Maintains vendor and contractor lists and insurance documentation.
· Generates / reviews weekly invoice payments and income collection check and helps Deputy Director ensure accurate accounting and adherence to invoicing policies and procedures.
· Conducts monthly reconciliation of DISH-Tides credit card statement for self and Facilities Director
· Provides Facilities Director, with project management support in building safety planning, preventative maintenance and life cycle planning, site sanitation planning, disaster preparedness planning, and other projects assigned.
· Assists Directors with a range of projects related to organizational development, property supervision, and external affairs.
· With Deputy Director, helps develop and manage Salesforce (DISHforce) platform including the centralized work order tracking system, other facilities projects, occupancy data and finance data.
· Assists with Spring and Fall fundraising events.
· With Deputy Director, develops implements and manages regime for tracking, analyzing and reporting contract outcomes and other organizational performance indicators in Salesforce and other software, as identified; prepares reports for internal and external use.
· Consistently and effectively implements all Tides and DISH operating and human resource policies and procedures.
· Provides support to Facilities Director in hiring and training of personnel and other HR assistance as needed
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs additional related duties as assigned by the Deputy Director or Senior Staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of 2 years administrative and project management experience required. Professional training may substitute for this experience requirement.
· High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent job-related experience preferred.
· Minimum of 1 year experience in facilities, construction or related industry preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
· Ability and willingness to demonstrate the DISH Mission, Values, and Service Commitments at all times
· Enthusiasm for working as a team member and ability to take direction from a supervisor
· Ability to assume leadership, take initiative, and exercise independent judgment.
Ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing and typing in professional English. Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus.
Skill in basic math is required as is the ability to follow instructions and accurately complete standard templates and forms.
· Ability to handle confidential personnel and financial matters appropriately.
· Strong administrative and project management skills. Proficiency and efficiency with Microsoft Office software suite, including extensive expertise with Word and Excel and email management. Expertise in database and Microsoft Project Manager a plus.
· Strong analytical skills and creativity. Ability to multi-task in fast paced work environment, and ability to prioritize among competing pressing issues. Ability to manage expectations and meet deadlines in a timely and effective manner.
· Expertise and willingness to work in a team driven environment
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, including people with active mental health issues, active substance use issues, and histories of homelessness and trauma.
· Ability and willingness to foster a professional and welcoming environment in all interactions with colleagues, residents, visitors and vendors, regardless of differing backgrounds, beliefs, choices and identities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to perform moderately difficult manipulative tasks such as typing, writing, etc. Must be able to reach, bend, walk, stand, and sit for extended periods. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move office supplies and/ or packages weighing up to 15 lbs. Employee must have the ability to attend meetings, sit, listen, and use computer keyboard and mouse up to 7.5 hours per day. Frequently required to use a computer, phone, copier, and fax machine. Must be able to travel between the DISH Central office and DISH residential properties on a regular basis.
Works closely with Deputy Director and Facilities Director. Also works with co-workers, outside vendors, and tenants.
Incumbent will work in a shared office space with moderate noise level and periodic interruptions, as well as occasionally working in one or more of our Single Room Occupancy, permanent housing settings with onsite social services for formerly homeless individuals, many of whom have significant mental health, physical health and/or substance use issues. Most of the buildings are about 100 years old and have had varying capital and cosmetic improvements. Typical shifts are weekday and daytime. Special projects and on-call emergency response may require occasional schedule changes.
The Facilities Assistant is a non-exempt full time position. This non-exempt employee works a standard 40-hour work week. Time beyond 40 hours must be preapproved by the manager. Pay rate will be $25 - $27 per hour depending on experience. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a full benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, and a retirement plan.
Compensation includes full benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, and a retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Tides Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
DISH, a project of Tides Center, is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Position is open until filled. In addition to a resume, applicants must include a cover letter expressing their interest in this position with DISH, why they are qualified for this job, and their salary requirements. Please submit complete cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.