Details: Commensurate with experience
160 Varick Street
WQXR, the nation’s largest classical radio station, is seeking to make a change. After 80 years on the air, WQXR is asking what classical music can mean to an entirely new generation of listeners.
The Senior Major Gifts Officer will play a critical role in this period of transformation and growth. Reporting to the Director, Leadership and Major Gifts, he/she will be a primary front-line fundraiser on the New York Public Radio (NYPR) major gifts team; partnering with the president, trustees and senior staff to support WQXR in its ambitious new strategic plan.
- Create and execute fundraising and stewardship strategies for a portfolio of at least 150 individual and family foundation donors for annual and multi-year gifts of +$25,000
- Develop and oversee the planning and execution of one-on-one meetings, station tours, luncheons, dinners, recitals, panel discussions and other small gatherings to create targeted cultivation, solicitation and stewardship opportunities.
- Develop the budget for major gifts revenue and expenses based on existing portfolios of donors as well as prospective donors
- Establish strong relationships and lines of communication with programming staff, working together to create accurate and informative messaging, increased donor awareness of key initiatives and engaging donor cultivation events.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years fundraising experience required, with a proven track record of successfully overseeing solicitation and stewardship activities for six to seven figure donors and meeting revenue goals.
- Experience working with board members and coordinating volunteer-led solicitation and fundraising activities.
- Passion for WQXR and/or WNYC, in-depth knowledge of classical music and/or background in the arts, current familiarity of NY philanthropic and cultural communities strongly preferred.
- Self-starter with ability to get up to speed quickly and work independently.
- Highly motivated, organized, flexible and proactive, with strong project management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience using fundraising database (or something to that effect)
- Keen understanding of donor moves management processes
New York Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites and encourages qualified applicants from all walks of life.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by clicking the following link: