District of Columbia
The National Organization for Women (NOW) seeks a part-time (20 hours a week) Graphics and Social Media Assistant.
NOW is dedicated to intersectional grassroots activism to lead societal change, promote feminist ideals and eliminate discrimination. The organization’s advocacy for women’s equality encompasses six core issues:
- reproductive rights and justice
- ending racism and achieving racial justice
- winning civil and human rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual (LGBTQIA) people
- ending violence against women
- securing economic justice for all women
- amending the U.S. Constitution to include women’s equality
- Strategize with our staff on upcoming campaigns and initiatives.
- Keep abreast of developments in the communications sector that could foster greater, more efficient dissemination of NOW's message.
- Attend staff meetings, reporting out accomplishments.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Graphics and Social Media Responsibilities
- Collaborate on crafting the strategy and implementing high-impact and effective social media campaigns (on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook) for promoting the organization's work, values, principles.
- Write, create, and edit engaging social media content.
- Take quality photos on and off site.
- Produce high quality graphics using Photoshop, Canva or other graphic editing tools.
- Occasionally provide off-hour coverage and content to ensure steady activity on critical social media platforms.
- Manage our on-site production tech including short videos, GoToMeeting, Facebook Live, GoogleLive, etc.
- Edit and post video as needed.
- Use Salsa to prepare and send email blasts.
- 1-2 years of social media experience in online content and community engagement
- Excellent photography and graphic design skills
- Knowledge of Hootsuite
- Ability to deliver creative content
- Ability to analyze social media analytics on multiple platforms
- Academic, volunteer or professional experience with NOW’s core issues
- Residence in the DC area (on site work is required for this position)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter, graphics or photo samples, and resume to planner @now.org. Subject line should read: “ATTN: Application for Graphics and Social Media Assistant – Your Full Name.” Applications will not be considered without all requested information. No phone calls please.
NOW actively seeks applicants that reflect the diversity of our community. NOW is an equal employment opportunity organization and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of sex, race, age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital or parenting status, affectional or sexual orientation, or gender identity.