Details: Commensurate with experience
1230 York Avenue
The Rockefeller University is the world’s leading biomedical research University. Our groundbreaking discoveries in basic and clinical research are transforming medicine. We share a singular commitment to advancing science for the benefit of humanity. Our collaborative culture drives each of us to achieve a higher level, fueling the breakthroughs for which we are known.
We seek a Grants Accountant to join the Office of Budget and Research Administration. Come join us!
The Grants Accountant will be responsible for fiscal matters related to assigned grants and contract awards. More specifically, the Grants Accountant will:
- Monitor accounts receivable as well as laboratory grant activity on a daily basis
- Perform accounting for grants and contracts, including private donor and government funded grants
- Administer awards in accordance with sponsoring agency policies and regulations
- Notify the appropriate sponsors and/or Development with regards to outstanding grant receivables or funds
- Reconcile monthly statements to budgets, as well as prepare financial reports and invoices to awarding agencies
- Provide support to Principal Investigators (PI) and Lab Administrators through meetings, as well as verbal and written communication
- Notify PIs or Lab Administrators of any spending rate irregularities, such as over- or under-spending, and provide grant expenditure forecasting upon request
- Respond to Office of Sponsored Research's unobligated balance inquiries and obtain a spending plan from Lab Administrators as needed
- Investigate and verify Faculty transactions upon request from the Payroll Department
- Analyze total laboratory financial capability, including university unrestricted funding, of all laboratories assigned
- Provide assistance to the Assistant Director of Budgeting and Office Administration during the University’s effort reporting and annual laboratory budgeting processes
- Serve as a back-up to the Grants Manager during absences and upon request
- Bachelor's degree; an emphasis in accounting or business is highly preferred
- Thorough knowledge on accounting for grants and contracts
- Substantial experience in post-award grants administration as well as knowledge of grants accounting principles
- Ability to work with faculty and laboratory administrators on a professional level
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong computer proficiency
The Office of Budget and Research Administration provides oversight and management for the following operating departments within the finance office group: Accounts Payable, Cash Management and Banking, and Cashier Office. The Office of Budget and Research Administration is also responsible for Research and Administrative Budgeting, Grants Management (post award), and Compliance.
Rockefeller University provides a robust, comprehensive benefits plan for all of our full-time and part-time employees. We strive to support our employees in their work and their life, offering great benefits, perks, and valuable resources for each employee and their family. We offer all of the comprehensive benefits you’d expect (medical/dental insurances, flexible spending accounts, retirement planning, commuting expense reimbursement) plus a whole lot more:
- on-site daycare/preschool
- fitness center (personal training, strength training classes, yoga, run clubs, state-of-the-art cardio and weight equipment)
- tennis and squash courts
- classical music concerts
- robust events program that attracts many of the world's foremost scientists, cultural innovators and thought leaders
- summer outdoor movie series
- food trucks and live music
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative work environment.
Please visit the following URL and apply to job code ‘IRC21393’. Please make sure to upload your resume and a cover letter.
The Rockefeller University is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans