233 S. Wacker Dr. Suite 2150
Ladder Up is an entrepreneurial, Chicago-based nonprofit dedicated to providing free financial services to hardworking, low-income families and individuals. Through free tax return preparation, college financial aid application assistance, and financial education, Ladder Up helps its clients access the resources they need to move up the economic ladder..
Ladder Up is seeking a Development Coordinator to help secure the funding the organization needs to achieve its mission of helping Chicagoans move up and out of poverty.
As Development Coordinator, you will execute tasks related to the organization’s fundraising and communications strategy. You will act as a fundraising generalist, with an emphasis on grant writing and grants management. You will have responsibilities that require attention to detail, organization, and creativity. You will work directly with Ladder Up’s Development Director to drive the organization’s financial growth.
Key facets of the position include:
· Grants management - Drafting funding requests and applications, tracking deadlines, and preparing reports for Ladder Up’s government, foundation, and corporate funders.
· Conducting research to identify new prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors
· Following up with Ladder Up program clients to collect and document testimonials
· Working with program staff to create and schedule social media content
· Data entry – Tracking donations and pledges in database
· Preparing donor acknowledgment letters
· General writing – Assisting with outreach materials, fundraising letters, and website copy
· Provide support in other areas including events management, individual fundraising, and board management.
Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
· 3-5 years of grants management experience required
· Highly organized
· Excellent writing skills
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
· Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
· Willingness to learn
· Ability to work independently and under deadlines
Minimum Education Required