Details: Annual: Salary commensurate with experience and education.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2018 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
CUNY SPS is recruiting for the role of Senior Program Manager, Training to support the ACS Workforce Institute (ACS WI). Formed in 2015, ACS WI is a partnership between NYC Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) and CUNY SPS tasked with providing ongoing professional development for the city’s child welfare and juvenile justice professionals. Since its launch, the ACS WI has developed 18 custom-designed and evidence-based learning programs which it delivers in state of the art classrooms across the 5 boroughs. The Learning Operations team’s goal is to create the optimal learning environment and experience for all learners. The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for hiring, supervising, scheduling and supporting a team of part-time (PT) trainer consultants who facilitate the ACS WI’s growing portfolio of professional development offerings.
The new hire will join a team of CUNY SPS colleagues, and will work on site at ACS offices in lower Manhattan.
Hours: 35 hours/week (daily schedule 9am-5pm, with some occasional evening hours required).
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Learning Operations, the Senior Program Manager will:
- Manage 25 Part Time Trainer Consultants
- Hiring, onboarding, scheduling and professional development
- Hiring – source resumes, conduct phone screen and in person interviews, make offer to candidates
- Onboarding – coordinate paperwork with Program Management team, schedule for MI/BCC and other relevant classes, schedule for TTTs; introduce to team; ensure set up on proper programs3.
- Scheduling – create monthly delivery calendar; distribute to facilitators and internal team; reschedule if necessary and alert internal teams
- Professional Development – work with Master Trainer to schedule ~4 full day events for PT & FT every year; identify trends and needs and assist with setting agenda
- Special Project Assignment – which may involve supervising trainers serving on teams developing new learning programs, delivering training modules for special/ad hoc events, etc.
- Approve timesheets – every other Monday
- Provide feedback based on Director, Quality and Fidelity, Master Trainer consultant and personal observations
- Build relationships with PT facilitators to address strengths, area for development and suggestions for improvement to facilitators
- Manage schedule and calendaring of Trainers to support all learning programs.
- Develop Initial monthly delivery schedule
- Re-schedule and re-source if there are any changes to the planned schedule
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to determine frequency and location of classes
- Collaborate with new program development team to schedule Train-the-Trainer (TTT) sessions and any relevant additional support sessions facilitators need.
- Identify TTT facilitators and guide them through TTT development process
- Collaborate with internal colleagues to identify Trainer team members to assign to new offerings
- Ensure ongoing communications relative to pilot logistical details, etc., are sent to all involved colleagues in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with James Satterwhite Academy colleagues to ensure their needs for trainers are met.
- Collaborate with CQI/Evaluation Team on Fidelity & Feedback tools and distribution of information.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5-8 years prior training delivery experience.
- Experience supervising or coaching a team of trainers, preferred.
- Experience facilitating learning in classroom (ILT) and virtual (VILT) formats.
- Experience developing course content.
- High comfort level working with various forms of technology and software, including desktop, mobile, laptop, cloud-based file sharing platforms, learning management systems (LMS), and scheduling software.
- Willingness to travel off-site, across the five boroughs, to meet with and coach staff (30%)
- Experience managing a range of stakeholder relationships, including clients and partner organization representatives.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow established processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Prior experience within the child welfare sector, preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment, with the ability to carry out complex assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.) and high level of comfort working with technology such as an LMS and project management software
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans Status/E-Verify Employer.
Minimum Education Required