Sunflower Wellness empowers people living with cancer to ﬁnd strength and support through exercise. We bridge the gap between medical treatment and physical activity by working with healthcare, wellness and fitness practitioners to bring exercise directly to patients. We are committed to using the latest cancer and fitness research to set a new standard of care.
Our programs promote healing and a sense of well-being, while helping our clients gain control through their recovery process. Sunflower Wellness understands every person is different and offers customized programs to meet their needs, infusing a unique warmth into all our work.
More information can be found on our website: http://www.sunflowerwellness.org/sfw/
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the growth initiatives, strategic direction and daily operations of Sunflower Wellness. This includes: fundraising and development, marketing communication, business and program development, client services support, finance and administration. The ED will provide oversight of all committee activities, strategic and operational plan development, annual budgets and fundraising plan formation, and policy development with assistance from the Board of Directors, Medical Advisory Board and senior staff. The ED will ensure compliance with all state and federal nonprofit regulations; establish/maintain positive relationships and work with key partners, community leaders and volunteers to secure resources for and increase visibility of Sunflower Wellness; acts as chief spokesperson and advocate for the organization.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. Fundraising and Development
Develop and implement results-driven fundraising strategies including new grant requests, proposing government contracts, cultivating corporate donors, developing planned giving programs and securing sponsorships for special events. Cultivate existing funders to increase giving.
II. Strategic Marketing and Communication
Build community awareness, strategic relationships, and engagement activities to further amplify SFW brand, programs, and impact. Engage new ways to tell a compelling SFW story. Develop strategies for increased program advocacy and supporting policy.
III. Program Development & Client Services
Create and innovate programs that support the organization’s strategic growth targets, expansion and direction, as well as the improvement of client services and satisfaction – curriculum/operating standardization, program scalability and sustainability, and KPI reporting. Promote and engage the use of technology to scale program delivery, client support and communication.
IV. General Operations & Administration Oversight – includes organizational development, HR, finance, volunteer coordination, and board communication
Responsible for overseeing the overall administration and operations, including: regularly reporting to the board financial and operating results, reviewing and evaluating the results of program activities, ensuring that continuing contractual obligations are being fulfilled; developing organizational policies and program objectives. Update and support an operating plan, with measurable goals, objectives and key results, that supports the SFW strategy. Prioritize and oversee the execution of activities in support of the plan’s goals
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Creative, energetic, strategic and results-oriented leader with superior interpersonal communication skills whose experience and qualifications include:
· Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Advanced degree in nonprofit management, social, medical or human services preferred
· Proven leadership and management skills in non-profit agencies with public and private contracts. Advocacy and policy development experience is ideal
· Proven track record and ability to fundraise and secure strategic partnerships from all sectors including government, foundations, corporations and individuals
· Minimum seven years of experience with increased responsibility in healthcare, human services, fitness/wellness and/or nonprofit management
· Non-profit budgeting, financial management and reporting for a $1M+ organization
· Excellent writing, analytic and interpersonal communication skills necessary to work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including staff, board members, funders, partners, and clients
· Adept at organizational development and management. Experienced in contract administration and negotiation, running community-based organizations, fiscal accountability, accounting principles, and effective HR management/development practices
· Experience in supervising paid and volunteer staff to fulfill organizational objectives
· Solid experience cultivating and managing strategic partner/community relations including working with the media and public speaking
· Sensitivity and awareness of issues surrounding cancer with knowledge and a commitment to a “client first” and the Harm Reduction model of client services
· Ability to collaborate, partner and proactively communicate with internal and external resources; lead at all organizational levels
· A demonstrated commitment to improving the quality of life for cancer patients
Minimum Education Required