Major responsibility is to assist with the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events in the club's music program areas for youth ages 6-18.
BGCB is offering a $400 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in providing a variety of programming options reflective of the BGCB Music Program. The Assistant will also run individual programs, activities, trips, etc.
- Supervise and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Assist in the completion of BGCB''s program active standards as assigned.
- Participate in collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate.
- When appropriate, assist volunteers and consultants who can offer related instruction, support and guidance to members.
- Participate in program/service outcome measurement processes and other evaluations programs including BGCA''s annual evaluation Commitment to Quality.
- Secure, maintain and monitor materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area.
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed.
- Other related duties as specified by the Director.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand
- High School degree or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Direct experience developing and delivering music programs for youth; in out-of-school time settings preferred.
- Knowledge of trends in music programming, techniques and theory, and utilization of technology in the music field.
- Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
** Please note that you have navigated away from our careers page, to continue to review current opportunities please close this tab. **
Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States