247 West 37th Street
JASA is one of New York’s largest and most trusted agencies serving older adults. Our mission is to keep seniors living safely in their own homes and communities with independence, dignity, and joy. The Labor Relations Specialist will be a member of both the Human Resources team and the Legal team and will provide concentrated and professional assistance in the area of labor relations. The Specialist will be responsible for fostering a positive and engaging workplace culture by effectively managing employee relations matters. The Specialist will also be responsible for developing and implementing labor policies, overseeing the management of labor relations and representing JASA’s interests in areas such as negotiations, communications, mediations, arbitrations and hearings. Will be expected to interact with a diverse population in a sensitive and professional manner. A demonstrated commitment to public interest work is preferred.
· Scheduling, coordinating, preparing for and participating in collective bargaining negotiations and other meetings with multiple unions and bargaining units;
· Creating, implementing and monitoring compliance with labor relations policies and agreements;
· Providing strategic advice and counsel to senior management addressing complex personnel issues with a diverse and varied workforce and overseeing smooth implementation of agreed upon solutions;
· Preparing and submitting required governmental forms relating to labor relations matters;
· Reviewing, compiling, summarizing and ensuring compliance with multiple CBAs and related MOAs;
· Monitoring and encouraging compliance with policies and practices;
· Advising internal and external stakeholders on contracts pertaining to, among other things, wages, grievances, employee welfare, pensions, health care and union and management practices;
· Compiling and presenting information and statistics on the economic proposals of labor and management;
· Guiding managers and employees through performance management and conflict resolution.
· Assisting in the creation and implementation of developmental and corrective action plans to address challenges;
· Assisting in the creation and implementation of management training and employee satisfaction programs;
· Preparing and presenting wage surveys;
· Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders in a thoughtful and cost effective manner;
· Assisting with the management of the Human Resources Department;
· Related responsibilities as delegated and assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or other related business field, plus PHR or SHRM-CP and substantial labor relations experience;
· Juris Doctorate and admission to the New York State Bar preferred;
· Commitment to public interest work;
· Minimum 3 years labor relations experience in a non-profit or healthcare setting;
· Extensive knowledge of federal employment laws, including FLSA, FMLA, ADAAA and AAP;
· Working knowledge of NY State employment laws;
· Proven ability to handle highly confidential information;
· Experience working with outside labor relations counsel;
· Excellent research and analytical skills;
· Experience working with diverse populations;
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
· Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, and meet deadlines under pressure;
· Strong interpersonal skills;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, with demonstrated ability and willingness to master new technology;
· Ability and willingness to adjust work schedule according to business needs;
· Ability and willingness to travel throughout the five boroughs of NY City using public transportation;
· Commitment to the mission and vision of JASA and its affiliates and subsidiaries.
Send cover letter and resume to Jobs@JASA.org. Indicate Labor Relations Specialist in the subject line.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSE OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Minimum Education Required