26 Bleecker Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Manager of Board Affairs and Engagement to join our organization. The Manager of Board Affairs and Engagement. This position will be based at our Administrative offices, located at 26 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10012.
It is an exciting and important time to work with Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programing so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Manager of Board Affairs and Engagement will do:
- Manages all administrative and programmatic aspects of Board engagement, including coordinating and implementing plans for enhancing the effectiveness of the Boards of Directors of four growing, dynamic and affiliated entities: PPNYC, PPNYC Action Fund, Planned Parenthood NYC Votes, and Planned Parenthood NYC Votes PAC.
- Working closely and collaboratively with the President/CEO and the Special Assistant to the President/CEO, the manager acts as the staff liaison to the Board, managing the scheduling and preparing of materials for all full Board and Board Committee meetings, and serving as a project manager for special projects working both independently and/or with inter-organizational work teams.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate alignment with and ability to lead through the affiliate’s core values and manage day-to-day office tasks.
We are seeking candidates with the following:
- Ability equal to that usually derived from satisfactory completion of courses required for graduation from an accredited college or University with a Baccalaureate Degree
- Minimum of 5-years of work experience in a C-suite environment supporting a Boards of Directors
- Demonstrated success with project management
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with individuals with tact and discretion
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality, extraordinary judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, unrelated details and projects simultaneously.
- Advanced computer skills with significant comfort and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to operate all office equipment.
- Must be enthusiastic about a fast-paced, ever-changing, innovative environment
- Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.