Under the supervision of the Director of Advancement Services, it is the responsibility of the Advancement Operations Officer to organize all aspects of gift and data entry on the development information system, including alumni/donor information, gift processing and deposits, financial reports, and reconciliations with the Finance Office.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organize all gift and pledge accounting and data entry.
• Maintain accurate and current records for the alumni and donors of the University.
• Coordinate the campaign pledge reminder process; work collaboratively and creatively with the Gift Stewardship and Annual Fund teams on both duties.
• Generate timely and comprehensive financial reports.
• Serve as the Advancement Division’s primary liaison to the Finance Office for the purpose of gift deposits, reports and the reconciliation of accounts.
• Play a supporting role in the scholarship process, including but not limited to: organizing and maintaining records related to annual and endowed scholarships, both in Raiser’s Edge and hard copy and supporting the development of systems designed to streamline the overall process and make donor reporting seamless, timely and accurate.
• Responsible for becoming cross-trained in other functions of the Advancement Operations unit, including the prospect management process and knowledge of the Prospect tab in Raiser’s Edge, the back-end of events management inclusive of the Events module in Raiser’s Edge and Net Community Spark and the ability to perform basic prospect research and query/list generation.
• Manage one work-study student; provide guidance in his/her duties and serve as point person for assigning that person to other duties within the Advancement Office.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement Services, the Assistant Vice President for Advancement and Alumni Engagement and Vice President for Advancement and External Affairs.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in accounting, bookkeeping, finance or computer science is preferred.
Other Considerations: Superior communication skills and a proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and advanced information systems, methods and procedures. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software is a plus.
For full job description and to apply online: https://saintpeters.peopleadmin.com/postings/1114
Saint Peter's University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital or political status, affectional or sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, disability (including AIDS or HIV infection), pregnancy, liability for service in the United Stated armed forces, gender identity or expression, genetic information and/or any other classification protected by law.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required