The Financial Empowerment Program Manager is responsible for the success of the Financial Empowerment Network (FEN), an initiative that seeks to improve the financial well-being of Latinos through partnerships with UnidosUS Affiliates that promote access to financial coaching services. The Program Manager will be responsible for the oversight of project activities and staff in cooperation with and under the direction of the Director of Financial Empowerment. The Program Manager is also responsible for the ongoing growth of UnidosUS’s portfolio of financial empowerment program initiatives.
Additionally, the Financial Empowerment Program Manager will be a part of a management team of the Housing and Financial Empowerment component of UnidosUS, working with other managers and the component’s senior leadership to support the strategic growth and efficient operation of the department. The Program Manager, like others in the management team, will held accountable to goals in the areas of growth, quality improvement, and overall project compliance. Further, the Program Manager will be expected to engage external partners and contribute to the management of department-wide systems and contribute to the successful financial management of the department.
Responsibilities primarily relate to leading the FEN, ensuring that production and quality goals are met, in ways that support the ongoing pursuit of a scalable model. These goals are:
o 70,000 people receive financial education.
o 11,500 people engage in activities that will propel them forward.
o 1,500 people speak with the UnidosUS Counseling Connection.
o 900 people will engage in ongoing financial coaching services.
Success in this role requires a can-do attitude, a fundamental respect for the work of our Affiliates and a desire to support them in strengthening the services they offer, and a strong interest in collaborating with teammates in areas across the rest of the UnidosUS organization. Candidates must have excellent project management skills, personnel management skills, and the ability to work across teams to ensure that all parties fulfill their required duties to optimize project implementation, effectiveness, and results.
· Ensure the achievement of all key program performance measures, in a timely way and on budget.
· Contribute to the refinement of FEN models of capacity-building and technical assistance, sharing best practices and insight from FEN implementation with other aspects of component’s work for improvements in impact, relevancy, and alignment of our pieces of work.
· Ensure trainings and capacity-building activities of the FEN are formalized for scalable implementation and adaptation across the network.
· Make certain that needs of partners in the FEN are met as the projects evolve and grow, providing technical assistance and training directly to Affiliates involved with projects as needed.
· Develop and use project management tools to organize team activity and support effective decision-making.
· Support Director with project evaluation, communication, and fundraising activities related to FEN.
· Oversee the development and deployment of quality control mechanisms to ensure quality of services provided by participating Affiliates.
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports.
· Verify and analyze the accuracy of all data and information used or generated by project; resolve any discrepancies or problems.
· Oversee and ensure the timely processing and delivery of Affiliate payments.
· Monitor recordkeeping and file maintenance requirements for the program or project.
· Serve as the point of contact and communicate project status adequately to key stakeholders.
· Oversee the coordination of Network convenings and trainings.
· Manage day-to-day activities of FEN staff including, but not limited to, scheduling job assignments; development and training; performance evaluation; recommendation for salary increases, disciplinary and other personnel actions in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
· Develop workplans for each FEN staff member based on project’s goals and objectives.
· Coach staff to provide effective technical assistance and capacity building supports to FEN Affiliates.
· Assess staff’s workload and capacity to ensure adequate Affiliate support.
· Coordinate travel assignments for staff based on Affiliate supports needs.
· Represent UnidosUS at various events such as conferences and meetings.
· Participate in component’s management meetings, contributing to the achievement of the goals of peer leaders and department leadership in collaborative and creative ways.
· Collaborate with other UnidosUS departments to identify and implement new opportunities for integration of financial empowerment.
· Incubate and develop new financial empowerment projects, in collaboration with department leadership.
· Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
· Five to seven years of experience required in the field of financial empowerment, housing services, asset building services, or a related field; three to five years of program management and supervisory experience preferred.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to create systems, establish protocols, and recommend efficiencies for higher productivity.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and goals, prioritize among assignments, and problem solve.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, maintain attention to deadlines, and function effectively under pressure and communicate clearly and effectively about workload/priorities.
· Familiarity with the U.S. Hispanic community, Hispanic nonprofit organizations, and the Hispanic market and consumer a plus.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
· Acute attention to detail.
· Be willing to travel on a variable schedule up to 30% of work schedule.
· Bilingual (Spanish-English) skills a plus.
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter and a résumé will be considered for this opportunity. Please include “Financial Empowerment, Program Manager” in the subject line.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
Raul Yzaguirre Building
Attn: Katherine Rios
1126 16th Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036-4845
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.
The Financial Empowerment Program Manager is responsible for the success of the Financial Empowerment Network (FEN), an initiative that seeks to improve the financial well-being of Latinos through partnerships with UnidosUS…
Bilingual (Spanish-English) skills a plus.
Bilingual (Spanish-English) skills a plus.