The League Education & Treatment Center is seeking an experienced Job Coach/ Employment Specialist who will assist in developing vocational skills in preparation for competitive employment in the community. The Job Coach/Employment Specialist will provide job placement and retention services onsite to ACCES-VR and OPWDD participants that is consistent with their vocational goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Engages individuals in identifying a career/vocational direction, provides instruction and training in pre-employment skills, and develops a path for achieving competitive, integrated employment at or above the New York State minimum wage or commensurate wage for job sought.
• Provide participants with behavior skills training, work readiness, job application training, job seeking techniques, interview skills training and job retention skills training.
• Maintain rotating caseload of job seeking participants and provide counseling as necessary.
• Maintains contact with and tracks progress of participants after internship or job placement.
• Advocates on behalf of the individual in order to develop and maintains positive relationships with employers and community-based sites as appropriate, in order to assist the individual in meeting and surpassing his or her employment goals.
• College degree preferred; Associates or High School diploma with 5 years’ work experience required.
• 2-3 years working in human services field, with adults with intellectual (ID) or developmental disabilities (DD) preferred.
Skills and/or Experience Required:
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills; ability to work a flexible schedule; strong attention to detail and highly organized. Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.); must be creative, dynamic, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a positive attitude.
The League Education and Treatment Center is a non-profit agency dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with psychiatric and developmental disabilities. Each day, we serve over 500 at-risk and underserved children and adults from all parts of the greater New York City area. We offer generous benefits including: health insurance, life insurance, 403 (b), sick time and vacation time.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The League Education & Treatment Center is seeking an experienced Job Coach/ Employment Specialist who will assist in developing vocational skills in preparation for competitive employment in the community. The Job Coach…