Details: Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
1625 Clay Street
The Admissions Manager is responsible for enrollment management and admission process at Global Citizen Year. As the leader of the Admissions team, you will focus on how we select a diverse pool of the highest quality applicants for our cohort each year. With a eye towards growth, scalability, and seamless customer experience, you will play a critical role in helping our team achieve its growth goals and shaping every year’s fellow cohort.
- Manage our selection and admissions process from top to bottom. You will own the process from the point of application submission through commitment. This includes:
- Reviewing written applications
- Conducting interviews
- Managing selection criteria and process
- Educate and excite applicants and their families about the Global Citizen Year program, values and philosophy.
- Acquire a working knowledge of marketing efforts and financial aid mechanics.
- Take a leadership role in establishing annual enrollment targets.
- Provide professional leadership and top level applicant customer service at all times.
- Manage all communications with applicants.
- Train internal staff and volunteers on section process, criteria and interviewing.
- Manage up to 2 part time PT staff who assist in reading and reviewing applications.
- Work in collaboration with outreach and marketing team to create a seamless experience for the applicant.
- Prepare and track KPIs relevant to admissions goals
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization.
You love people, and especially young people. You are excited to usher applicants, and their families, through our process and ultimately get them to commit to our program. You don’t shy away from tough conversations, and always take the time to go the extra mile to connect.
Your moral compass is top notch. You operate with integrity and honesty. You are sensitive and aware to the complexity of people, embrace the responsibility of treating them with care. You build trust in every interaction.
You have opportunity antenna. You are always look for, and find, emerging opportunities. Your mind is always working to see how we can be better, do more, and optimize.
You think in people oriented systems. You are friendly with technology and can work both in a system and on a system at the same time.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- 4+ years of experience in admissions at a college or educational organization with a similar structure.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Expertise or a proven background in marketing, sales, communications, or other related fields
- Bonus for familiarity with Salesforce.com
- Competent to excellent with excel and using it for analysis.
- Compensation: Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and comprehensive benefits package
- Location: Oakland, CA (cannot support remote for this role)
- Start Date: July 15, 2018 or as soon as we find the perfect match
Comprehensive benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In your online application, please indicate how you learned of the opening and provide three professional references, your salary requirement and the date you would be available to begin full-time work in Oakland. Generic cover letters will not be reviewed.
Global Citizen Year is an equal opportunity employer, and we strive for our staff to reflect the diverse community we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.