4301 Connecticut Ave. NW
Genetic Alliance is a nonprofit health advocacy organization committed to engaging individuals, families, and communities to transform health. We give people power to influence the manner in which research is conducted and healthcare is delivered. To that end, we create tools and technologies that give communities and citizen scientists the ability to design and lead research. We believe strategic partnerships that put families in the driver seat in local, national, and international settings are critical to meet our goals.
General Position Overview:
Working in a team environment, the Operations and Administrative Assistant will be an energetic and self-motivated. Individual working on the following tasks:
· Providing direct support to Staff and general administrative support—including photocopying, word processing, filing, and faxing.
· Answering the main phone and the office door and taking minutes at the staff meeting.
· Assisting in preparation and follow up for meetings and webinars.
· Facilitating a weekly organizational newsletter, including pulling stories, editing text and graphics, and disseminating using newsletter software.
· Managing organizational social media platforms in coordination with program staff
· Supporting websites and web tools
· Coordinating internship program to ensure successful experience for all parties
· Executing special projects, as directed by the Managing Director and other staff on a per project basis
● Associate or Bachelor’s degree, and experience assisting with organizational communications and office administration are required.
● Thrives in a fast-paced and stimulating environment
● Ability to work independently, is self-directive and detail oriented
● Ability to transition efficiently between detail-oriented jobs and big picture thinking
● Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
● Excellent writing and editing skills
● Excellent organization and time management skills
● Experience coordinating meetings, teleconferences, and electronic forums
● Basic knowledge of HTML and graphic design
● Experience with social media platforms
● Comfortable with technology, quick study for new technologies, software
Who should Apply?
Individuals interested in nonprofit operations, technology as a vehicle for excellent outreach, and/or nonprofit or corporate communications.
Paid vacation, health and holidays, medical insurance, long-term disability, life insurance, automatic parking deduction and employee contributed 403b retirement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, a list of references, and a salary history via email to Tetyana Murza: email@example.com. Please include Operations Assistant in the subject line.
No Phone Calls Please
Applications accepted until position is filled. Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: $38,000 to $42,000, depending on experience. Genetic Alliance offers a generous benefit plan and ample opportunity for growth. Genetic Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of the organization will be considered applicants and will receive responses from Genetic Alliance.
Genetic Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.