AmeriCorps members serve in communities to ensure that individuals impacted by natural disaster have a safe, stable place to call home. There are several ways that AmeriCorps members help our clients return home! These include rehabilitating damaged homes, coordinating the construction process, collecting and distributing rebuilding materials, coordinating volunteer teams, and assisting clients through the application and rebuilding process. NO CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. SBP will provide on the job training!
Apply TODAY to serve in one of the following roles with our SBP AmeriCorps team:
- Project Lead: Lead the construction efforts on clients’ homes and supervise volunteers in completing basic construction tasks. Celebrate volunteer impact and teach volunteers to adhere to safety protocols and procedures at project sites.
- Supply & Logistics Coordinator: Coordinate the operations of SBP’s warehouse and delivery system to ensure that project sites have the tools and materials needed to function in an optimal manner.
- Construction Coordinator: Coordinate subcontractor schedules and monitor the progress of construction projects. Ensure that proper permits are secured for each project site.
- Client Services Coordinator: Serve as the main point of contact and provide resources for the clients of SBP. Coordinate client cases, assess clients’ needs, and provide referrals to clients throughout the application and rebuilding processes.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Recruit, orient, and fundraise. Foster relationships with donors and volunteer groups, create an optimal service experience for volunteers, and leverages volunteers' talents and time to meet the community needs.
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.