Details: Salary based on experience.
Animal Equality seeks a Foundation Relations Coordinator to oversee the maintenance and growth of the foundation grants program. The Foundation Relations Coordinator will help ensure Animal Equality meets the organization's ambitious fundraising goals by administering all aspects of Animal Equality’s existing grants program and identifying new foundations whose philanthropic objectives align with Animal Equality’s mission of ending cruelty to farm animals. This position works collaboratively and strategically with the Director of Philanthropy and is ideal for a results-driven, detail-oriented, well-organized, and highly energetic professional who thrives under pressures, and above all, committed to reducing animal suffering.
- Oversee all current foundation relationships, grants, and reporting requirements
- Manage all aspects of grant proposals including preparation, receipt, and reporting
- Identify and research prospective foundations for solicitation
- Compose written materials related to foundation fund development, including letters of inquiry, grant proposals, gift acknowledgements, and stewardship reports
- Assist in the preparation of customized organizational achievement reports
- Maintain foundation donor and prospect records in Salesforce database, including ongoing updates to constituent records
- Assist in the planning and execution of donor cultivation and recognition events
- Achieve annual goals, individually and for the program, as established by
- development leadership
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of two years development experience, preferably at a nonprofit advocacy organization or in the field of fundraising, marketing or communications
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication including presentation skills
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Experience with fundraising CRM, preferably Salesforce NPSP
- Ability to maintain donor files and routinely handle confidential donor information
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, problem solve and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Must have an upbeat positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and effective communication that will attract new supporters to invest in Animal Equality’s mission
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in a team-oriented work environment
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of Animal Equality
Animal Equality offers an excellent benefits package. Casual, companion animal friendly office environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Applicants should email a cover letter stating why you want to work for Animal Equality, resume, and salary requirements. Please submit these materials along with the names and phone numbers of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.