148 West 90th Street
About the Position – Placement Associate (Full-Time):
This role will be an integral part of the Placement Office, working closely with the Director of Placement, and the Gaynor School community. We are seeking a person with strong administrative experience and organizational skills, excellent communication skills and an interest in high school placement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and schedule all Placement related meetings
- Placement Team meetings, parent meetings, etc.
- Keep records and notes for all parent meetings and conversations
- Collect, organize and maintain all current materials for high schools
- Create, organize and maintain all student files and documents
- Organize and prepare mailing of school reports, transcripts, recommendation forms, and student writing samples
- Create and maintain custom checklists for parents, teachers and students
- Assist in organization and execution of all Placement Office events
- Create, execute and track all parent and student surveys and exit interviews
- Responsible for teaching weekly placement classes and providing support in a weekly non-academic class.
- Additional responsibilities within Placement Office
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least two years of administrative experience
- Excellence in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Database management skills preferred (i.e. Filemaker Pro)
- Experience in admissions or placement procedures within a school setting preferred
Salary : commensurate with experience.
No phone calls please!
Thank you for your interest!
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Stephen Gaynor School to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required