701 Mission Street
Job Title: Visitor Services Representative
Status: Regular, Part-Time
Schedule: Variable, Evenings and Weekends required
Reports to: Visitor Services Manager
Pay Rate: $15.79 per hour
The visitor services team plays a critical public-facing role at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. This team interacts with a broad range of people daily, including visitors, special event guests, YBCA collaborators, venue rental clients, and more. In addition to making all guests feel welcome and valued, this position is accountable for processing admissions, event tickets, memberships, donations, and merchandise. This position requires a strong attention to detail and exceptional interpersonal communication skills. Ideal candidates will have prior experience in customer service.
- Create a welcoming and warm experience for all YBCA visitors
- Provide effective customer service in-person, over the phone, and via email
- Generate interest in YBCA’s offerings by effectively explaining them to visitors
- Suggest events, programs, and membership offerings to visitors, based on their interests
- Demonstrate a well-rounded understanding of YBCA’s mission, vision and brand
- Partner with security staff, events staff, and gallery guides to deliver an exceptional visitor experience
- Handle transactions for admissions, event tickets, memberships, donations, and merchandise
- Assist customers with ticket exchanges, returns and donations
- Resolve customer services issues and/or elevate them to Management when appropriate
- Operate computer, printer, and telephone equipment used for for transactions
- Ensure visitor data is entered into our database in a consistent and timely fashion
- Provide event support and assistance to YBCA rental clients, as needed
- Reconcile cash/checks and charges with ticket sales daily
- Attend all staff and departmental meetings as required by management and participate in cross-departmental initiatives as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least 2 years experience in sales, customer service or similar position
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong teamwork orientation; able to work well with diverse staff, clients, and patrons
- Accuracy and integrity in handling financial transactions and large sums of money
- Comfortable operating PC computer systems and software, telephones and office equipment
- Familiarity with computerized ticketing services, particularly Tessitura, is a plus
- Ability to work variable schedules, including days, evenings, weekends, or holidays
PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid Time for Volunteer Work, and ability to participate in 403(b) retirement plan. Free/member admission during regular museum hours, member discounts at museum shops, & potential discounts on concert/lecture tickets at participating North American Reciprocal Museum institutions with your YBCA badge.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Visitor Services Representative” in the subject line of your email.
Please, no phone calls or faxes—really. While we love your enthusiasm, due to the volume of applications and our limited resources, we will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. If you receive our automated thank you, we have received your resume and there is no need to follow up.
Principals only. We do not accept resumes from third parties and we will not pay fees to any agency or firm. Any unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of YBCA and will be processed accordingly.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation. YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).