13116 NE 132nd St.
Are you passionate about working with at-risk youth? Friends of Youth has multiple openings for full-time Residential Youth Counselors in Kirkland, Washington! Our Youth Haven Shelter provides housing for homeless youth ages 7-17, and our New Roads program provides housing for unaccompanied refugee and immigrant youth ages 16-20.
Current openings include:
Residential Youth Counselor - Youth Haven Shelter
Overnight Residential Youth Counselor - Youth Haven Shelter
Residential Youth Counselor - New Roads Kingsgate
Overnight Residential Youth Counselor - New Roads Kingsgate
On-Call (Part-time) Residential Youth Counselors - both locations
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week. Residential Youth Counselor positions are a mix of day shifts (8am-4pm) and swing shifts (4pm-12am) during the week with at least one weekend shift. Overnight Residential Youth Counselor positions are scheduled from 12am-8am Sunday-Thursday or Monday-Friday. On-Call (part-time) staff are scheduled, at their availability, to cover for full-time staff who are on vacation or sick.
1. Minimum of one year of experience working or volunteering with youth (at-risk youth experience preferred) OR Bachelors degree in a related field.
2. Must be twenty-one year of age or older, have a valid WA State driver's license (or be able to obtain one by date of employment), have a good driving record and be able to pass a criminal history background check.
3. Ability to engage with diverse populations in a culturally responsive manner.
1. Provide supervision and support in a group home setting to youth in the program.
2. Assist in teaching life skills needed for successful transition into independent living.
3. Provide academic support and tutoring for youth.
4. Accompany youth to appointments and recreational outings when needed.
5. Counsel residents in identifying and resolving emotional, behavioral, social and other challenges.
6. Maintain resident files, complete reports and documentation as assigned.
For additional information on job duties and requirements, please visit our website at: www.friendsofyouth.org/employment.aspx.
SALARY: $15-16/hour + benefits
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Friends of Youth is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
ABOUT FRIENDS OF YOUTH:
Founded in 1951, Friends of Youth provides a comprehensive range of shelter, housing, counseling and prevention services for youth and young adults and their families in King and Snohomish Counties in Washington State. Friends of Youth is the primary provider of services for homeless youth and young adults in East King County. Services include street outreach, emergency shelter, transitional living programs, supported permanent housing, employment and mental health support. To learn more about Friends of Youth, please visit our web site at www.friendsofyouth.org.
Friends of Youth provides a competitive benefits package to full time employees including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, 403(b) retirement plan and matching, vacation leave, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
For our New Roads Kingsgate openings, applicants who are bilingual in Spanish and English and/or have previous experience working with refugee and immigrant youth are strongly encouraged apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Bailee Bryant at the email provided.