1616 P Street NW
Resources for the Future – the global leader in delivering policy insights that balance environmental protection and environmental growth – seeks a Manager of Strategic Partnerships to become a member of the President’s Office team, reporting to the Chief of Staff. This new position provides a challenging and stimulating opportunity for a driven individual to RFF amplify the impact of its work by leveraging and extending its network.
Increasingly, critical decisions at the intersection of the environment and the economy are being made outside of traditional policy circles. Successfully realizing RFF’s vision of being the most widely trusted source of research insights and policy solutions leading to a healthy environment and a thriving economy will require engaging these communities.
Specifically, the Manager of Strategic Partnerships will help RFF build and sustain successful relationships with key individuals and organizations, manage various initiatives to support such relationships, and engage critical stakeholders including national partners, international collaborations, and RFF’s Board of Directors and President’s Council.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
RFF Board and Council Support (40%)
- Working with the Corporate Secretary, conceptualizes, plans, and executes successful Board/Council meetings and committee meetings.
- Working with the Corporate Secretary, coordinates a cross-departmental team to execute Board/Council meetings, three times per year.
- Supports the Executive Team in managing Board committee meetings, including scheduling, materials distribution, and follow-up.
- Manages the budget for all operations related to the Board/Council, including processing related expenses.
- Supports new Board member onboarding and orientation.
- Takes Board/Council meeting minutes and finalizes approved minutes for distribution.
- Assists with Board/Council communications, member requests, and general inquiries.
- Understands and anticipates Board and Council member preferences and needs, and interacts directly with members of the Board and Council.
Partnership Development and Management (30%)
- Serves as project manager for RFF’s European partnership and oversees and works with others to coordinate RFF’s broader set of international engagements internally and externally.
- Creatively explores new partnership opportunities with professional associations, key university partners, individual external researchers, other NGOs, and other institutional partners.
- Works with RFF’s Communications team to leverage RFF’s communications capabilities to act as a bridge between the scholarly and policy communities.
- Supports the President’s office with relevant strategic partnership projects.
Meeting Management and Logistics to support Board/Council/Partnerships (20%)
- Coordinates logistics with RFF staff and partners; issues agendas, reports and pertinent support materials; attends meetings as requested; records and distributes minutes; and maintains records.
- Works with the Executive team to prepare pre-meeting briefing materials.
- Provides travel options for meetings, including logistics, and coordinates pre- and post-travel briefings with staff.
- Works with the Communications department to coordinate meeting logistics, including room reservations, materials, and details.
- Ensures that the required technology tools are set up and functioning for meetings as needed, including the use of webinars and other meeting platforms.
General Support and Special Projects (10%)
- Organizes and maintains official e-files, such as RFF institutional documents, including Board/Council meeting materials and other information.
- Creates and maintains a favorable image of the organization by presenting a professional, positive, and collegial manner at all times, and the highest level of customer service, both internally and externally.
- Provides support to and undertakes special assignments as directed by the Chief of Staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in relationship building and project management.
- Nonprofit background helpful.
Special Knowledge/Skills Requirements
- Must be friendly, positive, flexible, outgoing, communicative, and have a sense of humor.
- Must enjoy building strategic institutional relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Superb writing and communications skills.
- Must be able to complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Must detail and process oriented.
- High degree of professionalism, diplomacy, and maturity with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to function autonomously and in close cooperation with others.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) and familiarity with or willingness to learn teleconferencing/videoconferencing procedures and programs.
- Must develop and maintain a strong knowledge of the organization and its practices, policies, and procedures.
- Tech-savvy, strong computer proficiency, and the ability to quickly learn and assimilate new systems and information is essential. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Interest in and commitment to RFF’s mission and values.
- The position requires minimal travel (once or twice per year).
Salary is competitive. RFF benefits include a collegial environment, 20 days annual leave, 13 days sick leave, 3 days family medical leave, 10 holidays, medical insurance, educational assistance, and commuter benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates with any of these skills are encouraged to include examples of prior relevant work products in their application. All interested applicants for this role should submit a thoughtful cover letter and current resume via www.rff.org/about/careers.
Due to the anticipated volume of interest, we are unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries regarding this position.
RFF is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are unable to sponsor a work-related visa for this position.