Details: Salary commensurate with experience
219 West 19th Street
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant/Board Liaison
The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director.
New York Live Arts seeks an Executive Assistant to support the Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director (CEO) and to serve as Board Liaison. Above all, the position provides high-level administrative support to the CEO and the Board of Trustees.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage CEO’s calendar of appointments, meetings, conference calls, etc.
• Field all incoming inquiries by phone and mail, responding when appropriate
• Appropriately sort through mail and handle all correspondences
• Maintain and distribute staff contact list, including photos, phone extensions, and emergency phone tree information
• Interact with senior staff members
• Manage email and server usernames and password for full time staff
• Communicate with IT Contractor
• Coordinate travel arrangements and secure reservations as needed by CEO
• Assist Executive Director and CEO with various administrative tasks as needed
• Work closely with President and CEO to organize meetings, dinners and events including interfacing with Development Department to plan board dinners and board cultivation events
• Act as the liaison between the Board of Directors and the CEO and staff of New York Live Arts
• Assist Executive Director in preparations for board and board committee meetings.
• Attend board and board committee meetings, take minutes, and maintain board records and files
• Prepare and disseminate materials and organize logistics for all Board of Directors and Board committee meetings
• Maintain annual binders with all board and board committee meeting agendas, minutes, and board annual Conflict of Interest forms
• Create board books for distribution to new board members
• Update board contact lists, including photos and bios
• Serve as a liaison to members of the board of directors for any of their needs as they relate to New York Live Arts including and not limited to, securing performance tickets to events, making dinner reservations for board members who are cultivating relationships for New York Live Arts, helping to schedule or secure hotel reservations with or near the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company, etc
• Regularly communicate with Board members by phone, email, and in person
• Perform any other related duties or special projects as requested by Executive Director
• Enthusiastic and positive demeanor and impeccable people skills
• Must be a self-starter, take initiative, and be assertive in anticipating the needs of the Chief Executive
• B.A. and 3+ years of administrative/executive support experience required
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel; Raiser’s Edge/Patron Edge a plus
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Professional phone manner with impeccable interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational capabilities
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff
• Ability to maintain confidentiality about the institution, its donors and its staff
• Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends
• Knowledge of dance and the related arts a plus
Full benefits package.
Minimum Education Required