832 Folsom Street
Our mission is to end family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area. Established in 1985, Hamilton Families is San Francisco's leading service provider to homeless families, with carefully designed programs to prevent homelessness, provide shelter and stability, return families to permanent housing and support the well-being of children experiencing homelessness. We currently operate these programs across four sites in San Francisco and Oakland. For more information, visitwww.hamiltonfamilies.orgOpens a New Window..
Program and Position Overview
The Heading Home Initiative is a Hamilton Families (HF) effort to end family homelessness in San Francisco and support strong communities throughout the Bay Area. Working collaboratively with the City, the San Francisco Unified School District and key partners, Heading Home helps families with children in SFUSD who are experiencing homelessness to obtain stable housing. The program assists families in securing permanent housing through housing search assistance, move-in financial assistance, eviction prevention, medium-term rent subsidies, and home-based case management to help families move towards self-sufficiency.
The Program Assistant performs a variety of administrative and program support activities for the Heading Home Initiative. This position requires a detail-oriented, highly organized person with strong interpersonal, administrative, and computer skills. The Program Assistant regularly performs tasks including managing office systems, drafting correspondence, assisting staff and participants in the office, and supporting operational projects for the Heading Home Initiative. This position is located out of our office on 4th Street and Folsom Street in San Francisco.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct reception in the office, including directing phone calls, welcoming guests, and assisting participants.
- Perform office management duties including purchasing and maintaining office supplies, equipment, and inventory.
- Implement and direct new office systems and environmental needs, as needed.
- Provide a wide variety of skilled administrative support for the Heading Home Director and other senior level staff.
- Act as a liaison between Hamilton Families staff and building management, IT support, and other contractors.
- Support monthly receipts and billing processes for high-level staff and projects, providing budgetary support as needed.
- Maintain clear records and communication with our Fiscal Department.
- Assist with various internal onboarding processes.
- Draft professional correspondence to staff, volunteers, and other external stakeholders as needed.
- Facilitate coordination between the various Hamilton Families offices, through clear written and verbal communication.
- Collect and distribute incoming mail to staff; coordinate deliveries to and from administrative offices.
- Manage transportation systems for staff travel, including Clipper cards, HF vehicles, and BART cards for participants, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience in an office management and administrative setting.
- Positive, helpful, and professional attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to self-motivate; able to address multiple priorities and meet deadlines with a positive attitude and problem-solving approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Essential functions of the position require use of a telephone, working at a standard computer terminal, and the ability to follow reasonable ergonomic recommendations, sit for long periods, stand, reach, bend, lift, and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Criminal background check, fingerprint imaging, and tuberculosis (TB) clearance required post-offer.
- Valid CADL and DMV report; able and willing to travel locally as needed required.
Great benefits: Hamilton Families (HF) offers excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, plus tax-advantaged Flexible Spending Arrangements for Health Care and Dependent Care. Employees also have the chance to earn up to $180 per calendar year for participating in various wellness activities and can participate in partnership discounts with various YMCA and 24 Hour Fitness locations. Additionally, HF offers tax deductible commuter benefits that can be applied to public transit, parking, and ride sharing services like Lyft Line and Uber pool.
Growth and leadership opportunities: The work at HF is designed for individuals to follow their passions and commitment to community. HF takes professional development seriously and offers coaching and training opportunities at every level. We also offer a $1,000 tuition reimbursement to employees each year (after 12 months of employment) and offer dozens of internal and external trainings for staff at every level annually.
Time off: HF employees enjoy generous benefits including 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time per year.
Long-term benefits: HF offers an employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and other great long term benefits!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Please click the link above to visit our ADP job portal and submit an application.
- Please attach your résumé and a brief letter of interest.
- No faxes or phone calls.
- Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.