District of Columbia
The Housing Program Director, Short Term Family Housing ensures achievements in fundamental housing goals, helping families quickly and effectively secure and maintain stable permanent housing, and increasing family stability. This position will provide supervision to the Team Coordinator and Operations Manager. This is a full-time position
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees general program operations, including development and implementation of policies and procedures, staffing structure, new ideas for program development, etc.
- Supports staff in working directly with clients, including providing programmatic supervision and making home and shelter visits as needed.
- Prepares and submits DHS, TCP and HUD reports on time per funder timelines, using HMIS, OCTO, or other formats as required by funders.
- Oversees data collection and coordinates with Housing Operations Coordinator and team to ensure completion of all reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Oversees annual budget and monitors contract spending throughout the year, and collaborates with Team Coordinators and Senior Director of Housing to determine best use of client support resources.
- Meets with DHS, TCP and other providers monthly to ensure program compliance and excellence, as well as to develop strong working relationships with partner agencies.
- Reviews and updates program policies and procedures as needed, working with Vice President of Housing Programs and Policy and Senior Director of Housing.
- Plans, organizes, and facilitates trainings for program staff as needed, both within the Community of Hope and in collaboration with other providers.
- Coordinates on-site activities with outside vendors
- Engages with the community and leads Community Advisory Team to address concerns and questions from the community, developing and following the terms of a Good Neighbor Agreement
We offer great benefits including:
- Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses;
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro;
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and holidays;
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies;
- And much more!
Community of Hope is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission driven nonprofit. For over 38 years, we have provided health-care, housing, and supportive services for low-income, underserved, and homeless people in Washington DC. We currently operate a variety of housing programs and three community health centers, which offer medical, dental, behavioral health, and birth services. Through providing these programs and supportive services, we continue our mission of helping and enabling people achieve good health, a stable home, family sustaining income, and hope.
Community of Hope was selected as one of the Washington Post’s 150 Top Workplaces in 2014, 2016 and 2017. We received the 2012 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management and the 2014 Leadership Greater Washington Innovative Community Partnership Award. We were also recognized in 2012 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Master’s degree in human services field required.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional supervisory and/or managerial experience in human services and/or Medicaid service delivery.
- Minimum two years’ working with people who are experiencing homelessness and/or living in poverty required.
- Experience with program development preferred.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational, people, and writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience using computer spreadsheets and databases preferred.
- Experience working with families preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation (with proof of auto insurance) required.
- Flexibility in schedule and ability to travel to other sites.uy
Minimum Education Required