Details: We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
247 West 37th Street
For 20 years, Girls Write Now has been a leader in arts education as New York’s first and only writing and mentoring organization for girls. We match underserved teen girls and gender non-conforming youth from throughout the five boroughs of New York City with women professional writers and digital media makers as their personal mentors. Our mentees are published in outlets including The New York Times, Newsweek, and BuzzFeed, perform at Lincoln Center and the United Nations, and earn hundreds of Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. 100% of Girls Write Now seniors are accepted to college. The organization has been distinguished three times by the White House as one of the nation’s top youth programs and twice by the Nonprofit Excellence Awards as one of New York’s top ten nonprofits. Reaching thousands of girls, Girls Write Now is a founding partner of the New York City Council’s STARS Citywide Girls Initiative.
Girls Write Now seeks a Community Outreach Coordinator who is a team player and passionate about empowering young women’s voices through writing and mentoring. You will be working on recruitment and enrollment to curriculum planning, pair support, college preparation, and internal and external communications, fundraising, and events, getting experience across departments. You will coordinate programming for and offer support to pairs enrolled in our mentoring programs while supervising program volunteers and interns.
Working closely alongside other staff, volunteers, and advisors in the Girls Write Now community, you will:
- Coordinate mentor and mentee recruitment and enrollment process: interview, assess, train, and match participants, as well as maintain a close working relationship with mentors and mentees throughout the program year
- Help the team with event management and planning, including workshops, readings, Lunch & Learns at companies, and other events that support the mission
- Motivate and coordinate high-level volunteers across the organization including program mentors
- Help create and produce innovative genre-based monthly workshops using and building on our curriculum and experience working with youth
- Create a welcoming, safe space to provide pair support for mentors and mentees
- Contribute to and maintain program content for the website and social media platforms
- Identify mentors and mentees to serve as ambassadors for events or to participate in special initiatives
Successful candidates will be goal-oriented, able to meet deadlines, and focused on deliverables, while demonstrating flexibility and adapting to new priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2 years of professional work experience and/or strong internships
- Administrative, organizational, and computer skills (e.g., Salesforce, Wordpress, social media)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- A deep commitment to the mission of Girls Write Now
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Priority deadline is October 15th and early applications are highly encouraged.