89 South Street
Operations and Membership Coordinator
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
The Organization: The Massachusetts Nonprofit Network (MNN) is the voice of the nonprofit sector in Massachusetts and the only statewide organization dedicated to supporting all nonprofits through policy, awareness, and capacity building strategies. MNN has more than 800 member organizations, representing every part of Massachusetts—from the Berkshires to the Cape & Islands.
Job Summary: The Operations and Membership Coordinator plays a critical role in the smooth functioning of MNN’s office and staff. They also assist the Director of Membership and Programs with member recruitment, retention, and engagement as well as the planning and execution of events. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to build their nonprofit management skills and learn more about the state’s vast and dynamic nonprofit community.
- Support off-site accounting service providers in financial management, including coordination of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the annual budgeting and auditing processes
- Manage staff time sheets and paid-time-off tracking, benefits administration, and recruitment and hiring of interns
- Coordinate communications and logistics related to MNN’s Board of Directors and board committees
- Manage office space, supplies, and technology—working in coordination with MNN’s landlord and vendors as needed
- Help execute strategies for member recruitment and retention
- Assist with signature programs and events that promote member engagement, including MNN’s annual conference, Nonprofit Awareness Day celebration, and Regional Meetings
- Coordinate logistics for MNN trainings and events, including venue, catering, registration, and day-of details
- Track event-related metrics (e.g., registration, attendance, and revenue) in Salesforce
- Assist with routine maintenance of MNN’s database and website
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (required)
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn basic accounting and human resources practices
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google G Suite
- Experience with Salesforce or similar database
- Strong work ethic and a desire to “get the job done”
- Demonstrated interest in the nonprofit sector
MNN encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. MNN is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. If you have any questions, please contact Fernando Martinez at (617) 330-1188 ext. 289 or email@example.com.