95 Pine Street
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Middle School Math Teacher to join our school community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a classroom culture in which students love math and take pleasure in discovering diverse strategies to solve math problems;
- Teaching students through an inquiry-based curriculum that focuses on the dual tenets of logic and reasoning;
- Developing strong relationships with parents and students to create investment in school culture and academics;
- Skillfully orchestrating problem solving through multiple representations, meaningful mathematical discourse, and productive struggle;
- Collaborating to develop a model of excellence in middle school math education; and
- Training with colleagues and school leaders to receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development.
Successful candidates should also have the following experiences and characteristics. They:
- Have lead teaching experience, with a proven record of propelling student intellectual growth;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Are a person of high moral character; and
- Are passionate about mathematics and learning.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.